Help On Norton

4agze

2,000 RPM
hi guys, my cousin has a problem with her norton internet security. does anybody use this software please let me know.. urgent please.. or you can pm me.. thank you very much! yes, it is 2005.. latest

Uninstall it.

For AV, use AVG Free.
For ASm use MS AntiSpyware.

Norton + Symantec products SUX!

hi acbc bro, cannot uninstall la... because it has lost file so now need to look for the file then only the uninstall or installation can be done... well the filename is ccAVMail.dll

Lee,
I agreed with wat aaron's says. Norton product sux full time and taking up dem lots of resources from the system. Try to go to www.ccleaner.com and download the file (freeware) to clean it up. It might helps! :)

Regards,
Mike

Wow Norton. Lame antivirus.

Resource hog + somemore got ghost inside, once I install (pir*te) can't install any other AV after that. Weird.

I recommend AVG / McAffee.

Try uninstall -> reinstall.

i settle my security with avast AV and sygate firewall.. zzz.. never had any prob since as long as i can remember.

thank you thank you, that ccleaner.com can remove the entire norton program?

can't manually uninstall or delete it because that stupid file is missing.

oh ya, the message pop up is like this

1st. A Necessary File Could Not Be Loaded: NavProd
2nd. c:\Programfiles\Norton Internet Security\NortonAntivirus\ccAVMail.dll cannot be found

thanks mike, aaron, etc..

im categorized as 'etc'....since its a dll file maybe you can reboot in safe mode and delete it then. not sure if it works but i had a problem wit norton last time when they quarantined my pc and i cant boot. so i had to launch it in safe mode,delete it, then only can boot.

K .... I dont share the same sentiment about norton but then ............

If I am not mistaken , since some of the files are missing , why dont u pop the same CD inside and reinstall it . I believe norton has this feature of deleting the previous installation before installing the new one over. One the installation is complete... try uninstalling it . It might work.

This is just my opinion : To all the people who have said that norton sux. Maybe thats too harsh le .... Norton is good is its properly managed and can help you to resolve most the issues. First , I agree that Norton is damm heavy ( reasource hogging ) .... The trick would be to install only what you need , not the whole package .....I find that Norton Disk Doctor is good , the client version of Symantec Firewall and Symantec Antivirus ( Corporate Edition ) is really great .... for me at least.

The Symantec IDS works really well for me as well .

All the best and do reply back whether if the uninstallation worked or not ... perhaps u could capture the screen error le ....

thank you.. but in this country they dont sell pirated cds lah... :D

what's NOD32?

Use registry cleaner software if you can't completely remove the program.

Use Kaspersky Anti Virus. :tongue:

thank everyone... appreciate it... will try that registry cleaner

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom