HELP! need advise on piggy back

oonbc

Known Member
hi all bro,

just back from oversea after few wks away. now only have some free time to fix my car problem, as you all know the fuel is too RICH.. n etc... :shcokedcamo: :shcokedcamo:

my target is just to get my car hp back to as it should be.

did ask around the mechanic shop for the piggy back n ecu stuff, now wondering which to select. my finalist would be
SMT6 or 7
E manage
SAFC II

all taiko who has more experience on this please advice. wanna do it by this week. thanks alot...

all those r piggy back....y not go on a cheap n effective standalone...such as APEXI power FC ? i think package + tunning is less than 5K

oonbc,

Although i hvnt got any ECU yet... But am in de midst of going for Apexi Pfc too... Cheap n effective!!! :_: Like u, myself been asking ard for all brands of ECU or even those eletronics such as SAFC n etc... But in de end of de day, my aim is to get a tunable ECU, so might as well dun waste my $$$ on all those electronics stuffs 1st... And jus concentrating in an ECU n go find where to get a good tuner for tht ECU!!! :_: Cos with an tuneable ECU, it can really help u to do lotsa tuning for de car... Including de Air/Fuel too...

Jus my 2 cents la... Hope this wil help!!!

ya, thks for the opinion.. i know stand alone is best! but for the moment i just want to get back the power... i think the most i will spend for the piggy back is around 2k (i think). not so much budget mah brother..

gooseman recom. before SMT6/7 and said YS Khong is the distributor, anyone has their contact. no ah? wanna find out more n who can tune it..

so again, back to the original questions any advise or experience to share please?

anybody know the exact location of speedworks located at PJ? and possible the contact too ?

They (Speedworks) are no longer the distributors for APEXi products, so I wouldn't go to them if you're looking for the PowerFC. They are more focused now on the products that they manufacture, i.e. Hot Bits.

If you still want to talk to them:
Speedworks,
Lot 2, Lorong 51A/227B,
46100 Petaling Jaya, Selangor
Tel: 603.7955.5533
Fax: 603.7955.7745

YS Khong's workshop is in the Mayang Industrial Area, where the old Lim Kok Wing College used to be. It's operated by his son, Ian.

cannonfodder,

thanks... you got the contact for YS Khong too?

using a wideband to tune a piggy back is better or dyno at the shop?

anyone heard about dragger racing at kepong? anyone know them and reliability?

sorry to ask so many questions, some may read stupid.. i hope u guys can bare with me :)

oonbc,
if piggyback i would agree with jun_ek9 and go for HKS fcon sz... but then again the price is about 3k (plus minus)... where by as mentioned by dd & s9 regarding Apexi pfc is a better choice due to price and performance...
if you want to go to dragger racing i can bring you... coz i know the owner and son very well... the dad has a nick name "Turbo Sang"... hehehe... i've been servicing my cars there since i took my licence..hehehe...

leslie,

thanks for the offer :) infact i talk to andy (is this the son or the father?) i told him abit on my case, cuz thru phone difficult to explain la.. but the explaination from him make more sense to me... not like others that just say ohh install this or that then will slove the problems.. they not even identify in the 1st place why its running too rich, maybe they know but dont tell. thats another story..

so andy tell me he wanna check the plug, n the cam pully, n c the car 1st... but his schedule is full till next week only he can really look deeply into my car :"(

so i decided to go dragger racing ASAP just to hv a check 1st! PLS PLS PLS bring me there :P when u r free to go there? would be great you join... working hr also possible for me..

leslie, can i have your mobile no. so i can contact u.. easierr

anybody else wanna come is most welcome!!! hehehe
will be there at 3pm today!! c ya!

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom