help!! my 20v idling problem!!

alex_khoo

Known Member
Apr 17, 2006
Alex, ask back your new FPR, but don't install there any more. It seems that fello not willing to deliver good job.
Do not add extra relay for your fuel pump if the original wiring is still in good condition.
For your car, your mech has mod to piston type compressor and the aircon wiring already become hairwire. You ECU won't be able to detect the aircon load any more and this will drop your rpm whenever aircon is kicking on. You need to find a good wireman to revert your aircon's wiring otherwise you will never solve the problem.
And about your low rpm problem, if it is due fuel issue, the problem will occur immediate after reset your ECU. But now your idling problem only appears one or two days after resetting the ecu. This situation is likely due to vacuum leaking. I would suggest you to remove your 4-throttle for a 100% check. There are many tiny pasage behind the 4-throttle and you can't reach it if you don't remove the 4-throttle.

---------- Post added at 12:07 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:04 PM ----------
thx wong!! tat shop is tat day u recomend me wan( in puchong utama) there...i rasa they NOT delivery good job as u say...haizz...:banghead: money wan fast-fast collect!!! claim thing slowly-slowly and many reason!!!!:confused:

levin818

1,000 RPM
Nov 29, 2003
Shah Alam
Visit site
WHAT???????? Let me find out with them!!!!!!!!!

---------- Post added at 03:39 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:56 PM ----------

Hi Alex, this is the explaination from the mech:
1) he is firm that he gave you fuel hose. Please show him the hose that you claim to be wrong.
2) the FPR is from WORKS that comes with lifetime warranty. Now WORKS is running out of stock and have to wait till next incoming.
3) he said what he has done was the first step to solve your idling problem, base on his finding and the info you feedback to him. If problem persist, he will look into other possibility.

This mech is knowledgable and has good experience on 20V. You can rely on him. But as you know, you car already gone thro' so many workshops. Some maybe, not delivered a good job (else you won't have any problem now). You probaby need some patient to let him trouble shoot your problem.

alex_khoo

Known Member
Apr 17, 2006
hi wong...tis is my now problem
1)tat hose i got keep it and will surely show to him( tat hose is 1 1/2size bengkak than usual after use few day!!!
2)tat WORKS he said onli warranty for 3month not LIFETIME like u say!
3)the idling was better than b4 BUT still goes down to 500rpm and sometime will mati engine( but not alway like b4) :confused:

nicholas1007

500 RPM
Mar 20, 2006
what is the best idling rpm for 4age BT?
mine Auto currently: N = 800rpm, D = 6xx - 700rpm (aircon on / off condition)
note: sometimes when put N can feel the car slight jerking.

nicholas1007

500 RPM
Mar 20, 2006
after brought to service / clean the 4 throttle body & ISCV. can c very thick & dirty inside. can feel the engine rpm faster to the peak. then last few days bring to change 2" pipe & 2.2" S-flow muffler, after change it. Reset the ECU by disc the batt terminal for few minutes, then disc 15A EFI fuse. Result: RPM 2k - 3k still the same. Idling also same (can feel slight jerking & engine like wanna turn off).
any idea how to DIY adjust the idling? izzt tighten the throttle cable, the cable is slack.
later will bring to check izzt the O2 sensor under the car, coz i saw a sensor at the end of the extractor length.
will try to put in Unichip & tune to cure the 2k - 3k rpm symtom

me2kimi

500 RPM
Jun 25, 2007
Puchong
Bro, have u change fuel filter? I think you should check your air fuel ratio first. And i totally agree with sifu levin

levin818

1,000 RPM
Nov 29, 2003
Shah Alam
Visit site
my encounter is when i put my foot on throttle bout 50% or more / suddenly kickdown 50% more or less. from 2000RPM to 3000RPM heavy. response not like usual. then after tat power start coming again. but when full throttle mostly ok.
idling can feel a bit shaking when engine not hot yet.
i m thinking of mayb the O2 sensor spoil or my ECU spoil. or should i reset my ECU. how to reset the ECU?
thx.
BTW mine is BT Auto
It sounds like you have a faulty O2.
Are you running on original BT wiring? Or converted from SVT wiring?

nicholas1007

500 RPM
Mar 20, 2006
Bro, have u change fuel filter? I think you should check your air fuel ratio first. And i totally agree with sifu levin
i aledi changed the fuel filter few months bak. ya, i think the AFR is out.

---------- Post added at 08:53 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:45 PM ----------

It sounds like you have a faulty O2.
Are you running on original BT wiring? Or converted from SVT wiring?
so izzt the O2 locate under the car, at the end of the extractor length.
i bought this car done converting to BT, as the previous owner said: everything from half cut.
i tot my model dont have O2 sensor, so planning of using piggybak to retune the AFR

me2kimi

500 RPM
Jun 25, 2007
Puchong
Few day ago, i've made a try n error to encounter this problem. What i did is advance the timing, increase fuel pressure to 40 psi at vacuum.
Also clean my open pod filter and change spark plug to BKR6EIX-11.
After driving for a few days, i feel response lot better. But, advacing the timing will create pinging.
Now have to learn driving to avoid pinging especially with a/c on

Btw, i'm not using o2 sensor

Last edited:

levin818

1,000 RPM
Nov 29, 2003
Shah Alam
Visit site
I have just converted my wiring to fit in BT ECU few days ago. During test drive, if w/o O2 signal, 4k and below was sluggish. With present of O2 signal, its a loooottt better! At WOT also the acceleration more garang (butts feeling).
So, why running w/o O2 sensor? :biggrin:

Last edited:

deng3882

Known Member
Jan 25, 2011
klang
my problem is when i always want to side park my car,i shift to R then my rpm will drop to below 800rpm and the car is like dying off.Then i shift to D to move forward, the problem occur again(below 800 rpm).I can see my bonnet is vibrating.
Any sifus here can help me solve my problem or let me know what is happening..mine is BT auto..

Thanks...

levin818

1,000 RPM
Nov 29, 2003
Shah Alam
Visit site
my problem is when i always want to side park my car,i shift to R then my rpm will drop to below 800rpm and the car is like dying off.Then i shift to D to move forward, the problem occur again(below 800 rpm).I can see my bonnet is vibrating.
Any sifus here can help me solve my problem or let me know what is happening..mine is BT auto..

Thanks...
Clean your 4-throttle and ISCV then should cure your problem.

levin818

1,000 RPM
Nov 29, 2003
Shah Alam
Visit site
How low is below 800rpm? If 700 then its normal for "D" under brake.

---------- Post added at 11:26 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:25 PM ----------

If at 700 and your bonnet is shaking, its time to replace your engine mounting.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi guys

i m looking for emanage for my car (going to turbocharge), but the full set wiring and 3 bar map sensor all in will be rm2200 (new) without installation and tuning, is it expensive??

then i got another offer is apexi power fc + controller, used item for evo, but with all complete sensor and wiring cost around rm1800.

now i m wondering which one is more suitable for my car, i think the power fc is a good deal, but i need advice from u guys.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience