Handling setup for turbo cars

GTIEVO3

Known Member
Was wondering what is the best handling setup for turbo cars. Thought of adjustables but quite confused of which one to choose. Hope you guys could help. Thanks in advance

The best handling setup is adjustables, for any car whether turbo or not.

Guess most production turbo cars nowadays uses 4wd as their platform. Adjustables will improve handling by providing harder springs and firmer absorbers. To get the best handling, u've gotta tune it for the best set-up. Not sure about turbos specifically, but generally to improve handling u gotta invest into things like suspension, strut bars, anti roll bars, and most importantly tires! U can have the best suspension brand but if u match it wif celup tires, dat's it man!

Originally posted by ninja_iga@Aug 12 2004, 07:33 PM
best is to try TiTANs :)
:lol:

what car are you driving?
wahhh....so laju la ya marketing stanley.....

just like ya lipas kudung kancil...

Handling can also be improved through arms & links upgrade. Ikeya Formula does produce lots of suspension components upgrade. Pillowball adjustable lower arm, adjustable upper arm, adjustable link just to name a few. Pillowball has less free-play compared to conventional bushes and will give you more direct steering input and better road feeling, which means a more bumpy ride and noisier. Polyurethane bushes can be considered as an alternative to pillowball and it last longer than conventional bushes and is less noisy as opposed to pillowball. Most of the aftermarket adjustable lower arm you can find is roll center correction type. This is to correct the amount of roll in low down-ed cars equipped with factory arms.

Nay ninja, I meant pillowball joint, not bearing, just like what we saw on strut upper mount.

im driving a gti with an evo3 engine, 2wd locked. Can titan adjustables custom made to my needs?

Based on personal experience with current setup, I replace my stock F&R antiroll bars to Whiteline antiroll bars combined with them PU end-link bushes & D bushes.

Handling improved 10 fold. As have mentioned, PU bushes are harder than factory rubber bushes and can withstand more wear & tear from road grime, dirt, grease, chemical.

Once the antiroll bars are taken care off, absorbers wise I'll leave it to the owner and the budget. For me, I've been using Top Perfect hi-low but wish to try brands like Tokiko damping adjustable with progressive rate springs such as Neuspeed, Eibach, etc.

With a year of autocross (gymkhana) experience in the mid 90s in US, I've found the above setup works very well on a Honda car with them double-wishbone suspension.

Just my 2 cents. B)

Originally posted by GTIEVO3@Aug 13 2004, 09:55 AM
im driving a gti with an evo3 engine, 2wd locked. Can titan adjustables custom made to my needs?
easy and already done :)

P_EVO3's car is one of the examples :)

Originally posted by MrNismo@Aug 13 2004, 02:24 AM
Nay ninja, I meant pillowball joint, not bearing, just like what we saw on strut upper mount.
*bish*

oi :P

that's the same thing ! :lol:
the top pillowball mounts are actually "universal-spherical-ball-bearings" !

just different lingo

turbo suspension setup ..
need to consider on your budget also

suspension setup is not cheap..
it can cost more than your engine transplant cost.

Originally posted by ninja_iga+Aug 13 2004, 11:41 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ninja_iga @ Aug 13 2004, 11:41 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-MrNismo@Aug 13 2004, 02:24 AM
*bish*

oi :P

that's the same thing ! :lol:
the top pillowball mounts are actually "universal-spherical-ball-bearings" !

just different lingo [/b][/quote]
Oh ya kah? Haha anyway the Japanese called it Pillowball just as you read in all their magazines hehe.

Mr.Nismo....by any chance the stuffs you mention are available in malaysia for wira sedans?If yes, mind tellin me where i can get it..ie contact number.Thanks.
Charles

I'm sure there's many ppl locally that can fabricate pillow ball mounts.

But currently i wonder if anyone out there have a clue how to fabricate an eccentric lower arm bush for McPhearson strut suspensions to dial in a little bit more castor.

Oh maybe u can try changing the tie rods to .... what's the term called Ninja? Uniball? Better feel.

Vic..

you looking something like castor and camber adjustable kit for your car ??

Babygod,
Front caster are adjustable via Adjustable Tension Rods. Tie rods affect steering angle, and can be changed to pillowball too.

Charles,
Nope, Ikeya Formula are available for certain Japanese model only. Try to check their website.