GTi vs Putra std springs.got diff?

adrianlek

Known Member
May 20, 2005
sgor
my putra std springs make my car ugly cause damn high.dont like the ride if change to sport springs.

so i was wondering how my car would look if i change to GTi std springs.i notice GTi's are lower than any other normal satria/putra/wira even in std form.

can anyone tell me how much is it lowered?how bout d ride? bumpier than stock putra springs?i wanna b very sure cause i just changed new absorbers.i takut it dont match then my new absorbers kong :eek:

thanks

tajulsans

1,000 RPM
Jul 31, 2004
Soo Bang
adrianlek said:
my putra std springs make my car ugly cause damn high.dont like the ride if change to sport springs.

so i was wondering how my car would look if i change to GTi std springs.i notice GTi's are lower than any other normal satria/putra/wira even in std form.

can anyone tell me how much is it lowered?how bout d ride? bumpier than stock putra springs?i wanna b very sure cause i just changed new absorbers.i takut it dont match then my new absorbers kong :eek:

thanks
Did u notice the diff of the rear end for both cars?? the GTI rear ones are made softer.. not recomended. ur car will look like kapal..

G_ti

Known Member
Nov 20, 2005
Hi , Tajulsan ...
Why you say rear springs a softer for GTI ?

Andrianlek ,
Actually , GTI is lowered equally and fully balanced from front to rear , but some says front it higher then rear . This is because of the spacing betwen tyre and the chasis for the front is higher due to the engine is heavy . . As all knows that GTI are well known of it's LOTUS handling and it's great when you rev when cornering . The truth is both springs are very hard and GTI springs cannot be used for confort riding but it is very good for handling .
For a Putra , i don't suggest GTI springs , because PUtra weight much more lighter then GTI . If you put in a hard spring on a light weight car , then it will be a very hard riding and the whole plastic cover inside your car will produce uneasy sounds . :angry_smile: :angry_smile: :angry_smile: 1 of my friend using eibach lowered spring for his putra . It look lowered but still a hard ride .

G_ti

Known Member
Nov 20, 2005
aquila ,
Big does'nt mean heavy . Putra can be pushed by 1 person but Gti is very hard to push by 1 person . If you don't belive try to push 1 putra and 1 GTI . You can feel the difference already . :_: :_:

east

Known Member
Feb 28, 2006
Well u can try putting SGTI spring into your Putra but u wont have a good ride. THe reason is because SGTI spring is hard and it is not design for comfort. It is more toward handling rather then comfort. Trust me because im one of SGTI owner. When comes to bad surface u can feel the car spring make your car kind of hard when going through those kind of surface. but if u plan for handling then go for it. if u think of comfort then forget about it.

zan

2,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2005
specs for SGTI and part number

514 [Green/Cream] Suspension Spring Front ...MB808296...RM 75.73
515 [All] Suspension Spring Rear..................... PW567325...RM 83.58
463 [KYB] Shock Absorber Front RH................. PW567319..RM 367.65
464 [KYB] Shock Absorber Rear....................... PW567326..RM 139.31

for Putra - standard non-Evolution spec

478 [All] Suspension Spring Front ...................MB808296...RM 75.73
479 [All] Suspension Spring Rear.................... MB809273...RM 51.09
431 [All] Shock Absorber Front RH.................. PW530244..RM 238.76
432 [All] Shock Absorber Rear........................ MB809270....RM 98.01

putra and SGTI shares same stock front spring. but the rest is different - rear springs, absorbers even stabiliser. (thicker for SGTI)

i hope this info helps.

aquila

Known Member
Dec 15, 2004
SA
G_ti said:
aquila ,
Big does'nt mean heavy . Putra can be pushed by 1 person but Gti is very hard to push by 1 person . If you don't belive try to push 1 putra and 1 GTI . You can feel the difference already . :_: :_:
Hmmm... wouldn't mind someone sponsor me their SGTI so that I can push and find out myself too ;)
I think having a bigger rim is also harder to push. Didn't know SGTI got additional sound proofing... Well, at least now I know...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

First off thank you in advance to those whom provide useful and creative impute to the project I'm working on.

For warning: This is not in the least the typical mod. project, purely aesthetic and not using any conventional mod kits or going for any kind of traditional theme. So this may not be of interest many of you.

Heres the deal. I bought a badly vandalized, somewhat weathered Saturn SL1 (compact 4 door sedan) for $500. All the mechanical workings and general running health of the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience