Grill / Net

gohkokeng

2,000 RPM
Feb 21, 2006
guys i wanna ask u guys about those net or grill replace infront of the car for more air goes into engine bay for cooler air and better air flow for air filter suction.

those net / grill got brand? what is material is the best for it? how much will it cost? how to install it? please tell me anything and everything about it cause got interested to do it

what is the consequences of doing that or so

strengths and weaknesses......

please guide a little 10q 10q

my ride is New Saga LMST the front part with Proton Logo can be taken out with unscrew 3 screws only

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
u mean the grill arr??... for saga iswara, u want more air intake into ur car, get vr4 one lor... or else if u can find the new LMST grill (got bigger lubang)....

in my opinion lar, normal stock standard cars dont really have to worry about the engine overheat... they are designed at such the amount of air entering is enough to cool the engine down... unless if u use turbocharged engine, u will need bigger cold air intake...

jz my 2 cents...

gohkokeng

2,000 RPM
Feb 21, 2006
no la haha just want to make CAI as many ways as can until the engine cough....hahaha.....

VR4 what is that? i am noob

nitrus

2,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2005
gohkokeng said:
no la haha just want to make CAI as many ways as can until the engine cough....hahaha.....
gohkokeng .. actually all u need is just a CAI for ur LMST .. u're not using turbo also, dun need so many "CAI" wan our n/a cars ... u already got the apexi open pod filter tat's great already, no need until waste so much money juz for a open pod airfilter when all u really need is just a good heatshield, a CAI (hose) and some common sense... n btw i think the vr4 grill looks ugly on a LMST, unless u ady changed to a different front bumper. no offense to anyone...

gohkokeng

2,000 RPM
Feb 21, 2006
nitrus how to make HEAT SHIELD b4 this i saw some people make a plastic box cover whole filter head........that 1 i think make the air suction lesser

CAI hose? plug to where? from where to where?

use aluminium foil cover the whole intake set?

Fluffy

3,000 RPM
May 1, 2005
>>klang<<
heat shield is to allow the filter to suck in more cool air.it doesnt make ur filter suck less air..:_:

the reason for cool air is because cooler air is has a higher density than hot air..so more oxygen is brought into the chamber..

nitrus

2,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2005
gohkokeng said:
nitrus how to make HEAT SHIELD b4 this i saw some people make a plastic box cover whole filter head........that 1 i think make the air suction lesser

CAI hose? plug to where? from where to where?

use aluminium foil cover the whole intake set?
no need use aluminium foil cover the whole thing la ...

u saw before the K&N heatshield? u do urself la ... my heatshield also i did myself wan .. just use those aluminium piece (hard type) .. cut to ur desired shape, and then use superlon to paste on one side or two side so ur aluminium wun get hot ...

then just find a way to place / clip the heatshield la ... search around ZTH at Do-It-Yourself thread, or yahoo/google ...

and the CAI hose, it has been discussed so much in D-I-Y thread ... go search there ... under jaywat's topic bout the CAI ...

because in the end, all u want is to block away the engine heat, and have a little compartment for ur airfilter to face at (with the heatshield blocking the heat from behind or around it) ... and then a CAI hose leading to ur airfilter ..

we're not driving track cars so these would be quite enough actually... simple d-i-y to satisfy urself hahahaa.. unless u're very rich, then go buy the K&N heatshield from kakimotor at sunway la ... $$$$$

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
did ur apexi open port filter extended till away from the engine heat??... if not, do heatshield also less effect wor.... i suggest if u using air ram for ur apexi filter, extend it to the side of ur engine bay away from ur engine heat only do heatshield... like this more effect...

nitrus

2,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2005
gohkokng, why dun u take a pic of ur engine bay n post here? maybe can discuss more from there.. interested to see another lmst's engine bay too anyway :biggrin:

gohkokeng

2,000 RPM
Feb 21, 2006
SkYwAlKeR
i do not extend it with air ram to the battery side because i see not much different distance away only but quite pricey.....

air ram RM120 + 1 blue rubber connector (with 2 rings) RM30.....there goes RM150

about the pic.......i will try capture cause u don have digicam.....haha

K&N HEAT SHIELD? i never saw b4.....got pic?

Last edited:

gohkokeng

2,000 RPM
Feb 21, 2006
nitrus said:
do a search on google's image search bar.. :regular_smile:
what is the best material as HEAT SHIELD? easy to get, cheap and effective 1

sendiri DIY i think is easy.....but how to make the pieces hold strong in floating situation? lol u get what i meant? inside engine bay so many things and wires.....how am i suppose to do it? use what to hold the kepingan?

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
gohkokeng said:
what is the best material as HEAT SHIELD? easy to get, cheap and effective 1

sendiri DIY i think is easy.....but how to make the pieces hold strong in floating situation? lol u get what i meant? inside engine bay so many things and wires.....how am i suppose to do it? use what to hold the kepingan?
use ur creativity... hehehe...
post ur engine bay pictures lorr... see if we can help.... no pictures vr hard to describe...

nitrus

2,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2005
there are many things u can use to tie... cable ties, those wires ,

but for open pod airfilter u can like fit it between the base of the airfilter and the adapter ... get wat i mean? so it's like "locked" right at the part where the airfilter joins with the adapter .. . there was a website b4 about this guy who did it on his car,dunno wat car issit, but it's interesting. search in D-I-Y thread la...

post ur engine bay pic bro .. :regular_smile:

gohkokeng

2,000 RPM
Feb 21, 2006
how to post pic?

maybe i will snap engine bay when i got Digital Camera

so far upgraded:
1 - Apexi open port air filter
2- Hotshot 9.2mm spark cable
3 - Bosch Super 4 Spark Plug
4 - DIY drilled front face to bee hive pattern

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hello guys. Have question on evo I.

It was OK after the convertion. But only got this problem lately.

The boost doesnt come on time. Sometimes 3.5K rpm full boost sometimes may be 4K-5K.
The car feels laggish compare to last time.

Sometimes after boosting, the check engine light will be on.
Then when idle, RPM will be less than 1K. The car will be shaking.
Throttle becomes heavier. Can acccelerate but rpm takes very long to build up.

After body has any idea whats happening?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience