GReddy ProfecB Spec2 boost toggle button

Vyraz11

Known Member
Mar 7, 2006
hi guys, i got this off a website while looking for a boost meter with a scramble button.

Tool List:
Soldering Iron
Drill for mounting switch
Multimeter
Drill bits and solder

Part List:

1x 3.5mm Stereo METAL Plug WITH SPRING (CAT. NO. PP0135) = $1.35 (can use alternative but needs to be a stereo one)

1x PUSHBUTTON PUSH-ON MOMENTARY SPST RED ACTUATOR (CAT. NO. SP0716) = $1.50
- or -

Small Black SPST N/O Momentary Action (CAT. NO. SP0700) = $2.80
(can use alternative but needs to be momentary "ON" type)

1m or so of 3-4 core wire depend where switch is to the unit = $2-3
- or - quite possibly (should work) wacko.gif

AUDIO LEAD 3.5MM - 3.5MM PLUG STEREO 5M (CAT. NO. WA7005) = $8.95

I made my own as i already have some cable but the premade one should work. If yu buy premade skip to step 2.

Step 1:
Strip your wire and solder 3 different wires on different pins of the 3.5mm plug.

Step 2:
Strip the wires on the opposite end of the wire to the plug(if using a premade one cut one plug side off). Check with your multimeter on resistance(ohms) between all 3 wires eg; between wire 1 & 2 , 1 & 3 and 2 & 3. You want to make sure that all readings have no resistance value as this means there is a short(dont hold the wires with your fingers as you are a conductor and will create a circuit)
If you get a reading make sure that no wires are joining at the plug.

Step 3:
If step 2 is all good, plug the jack into the back of the profec and turn your ignition on(make sure the side with no plugs wires arent touching). With your multimeter on Volts DC find the ground and 5V wire, touch these wires for a second and make sure it switches modes. If good turn off your ignition and with the last wire(12VDC) cut the stripped part off, i taped it to the insulation of the wire as later on i plan to get a switch with an LED and this will come in handy.

Step 4:
Solder up the 5VDC wire and ground across the switch, Plug in and test with car ignition on. If doesnt work check all your connections ,possibility of bad solder joint or short circuit.

Step 5:
Drill and mount the switch where ever you like. I put mine in the spare switch slot next to the steering wheel on my r33, then just run the wire with plug back to the Profec head unit and enjoy.

Make sure that the momentary switch is of the Normally Open type and test it with a meter before you purchase at jaycar, I plan to get a LED switch that will light up when in high boost mode, trying to source out a good one at the moment. I hope someone will find this useful. smile.gif
source: http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Switch-Profec-Spec-Ii-t209903.html

i hope it helps.

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
yeaps tested and it works , get a phone wire , its more chun cos u can put the switch on the steering

Vyraz11

Known Member
Mar 7, 2006
does it tangle?
fren sed he bought the ori one and it tangled

Vyraz11

Known Member
Mar 7, 2006
actually there are 2 types... one is d wireless one with d velcro on it. the other is with d springy cable

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Helo, need help.. Planing to change my absorber to adjustable so im wondering which is good for long traveling n bumpy road, kyb rs pro or zerone ssr550?

Tq very much for ur guys reply..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience