Goodyear launches Asymmetric 6

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
My only wish is the Assy was made in smaller sizes cuz I'd abandon Mich anytime for the GY
The problem looks like for the higher performance all comes in bigger sizes. Smaller sizes they make other models or retain previous models like GY F1 Sport and PS3

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
The problem looks like for the higher performance all comes in bigger sizes. Smaller sizes they make other models or retain previous models like GY F1 Sport and PS3
oh F1 sport is still around eh? Ok my next change I'll go look at these.

Senscents

Dec 5, 2019

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Will need to wait for a very long time to reach our shore.
They seems to neglect our needs here with just a few selected sizes and pricing seems on par or higher than Michelin.
Even so, only selected places do carry their UHP tyres.
Yah, Earlier Asy and Asy 2 the GY were cheaper than Michelin. From Asy3 seems their pricing was higher, now with Asy 5, heard is higher than PS4.

Senscents

Dec 5, 2019
Yah, Earlier Asy and Asy 2 the GY were cheaper than Michelin. From Asy3 seems their pricing was higher, now with Asy 5, heard is higher than PS4.
From a few called to enquire about the price and availability.
Most dealer do not keep stock, even for common sizes.
Yes, the GY pricing are higher ~Rm520 - Rm575 for 17"

Cuz PS4 already made in Thailand while F1A5 maybe still in Europe.
From all the called I've made, mostly all mention it's from Germany.
Most probably are exchange rate sucks.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Looks like an improvement over Asy 5, now got to wait for Mix Tyre test, meaning against Michelin and Continental........lol

Reactions: 6UE5t

Senscents

Dec 5, 2019
The New F1A6 are 7% better in Wet Braking, lower in Aquaplaning resistance but better in External noise.

From the photo comparison of the old F1A5 vs F1A6 the long Kang seems to be smaller, hence the lower Aquaplaning resistance.

So Guys, What do you prefer when choosing a new tyre? Other than Price of course.
Handling, Rolling / Aquaplaning Resistance, Wet or Dry Braking, External Noise, Wear Rate?

I'm more into a better Wet Braking and Aquaplaning resistance.
Which of the two are more suitable/important for our daily road uses?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The "colour changing paint" by Nissan has taken auto blogs by storm last week. As everybody was raving on and on about how this development could change the world, only one site decided to double check with Nissan to confirm the story.

Turns out, you've all been taken for a ride!

The True Story
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience