gearlock, steeringlock, clutch/brake lock discussion include prices and durability

yloon

Known Member
Mar 31, 2005
Currently there are so many ppl worry about car being steal off, what we can do is slow them down. there are so many mechanical lock in the market.
what i heard is Stoplock, Solex and etc.

Lets discuss on which one is the most durable and can prevent from your car say good bye to you.

here are some of the locks picture i found from the internet.

Last edited:

ivan_cyc

Known Member
Jun 22, 2006
i use sterring lock but the key break in two part cannot pull out.luckily that time i didnt lock my sterring yet! its dangerous choose the right lock and key also i'll post my picture!

kumat

Nov 10, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Re: gearlock, steeringlock, clutch/brake lock discussion include prices and durabilit

for myvi owner..i recommend used v166 yale steering lock plus....locktact/locktech pedal lock...plus....standard myvi gear lock....plus....sand blasting......for peace of mind about ur valueable car....

risyia

Known Member
Feb 16, 2005
Pandan Indah
Re: gearlock, steeringlock, clutch/brake lock discussion include prices and durabilit

whatever locks you put, if a thief reallly wants your car he can still steal it either by towing it or putting it on a flat bed lorry. What the additional locks does is create a situation that your car is 'less desirable' compared to similar cars in the same parking lot that does not have additional locks, a thief will always choose the easiest car to steal

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh

for myvi owner..i recommend used v166 yale steering lock plus....locktact/locktech pedal lock...plus....standard myvi gear lock....plus....sand blasting......for peace of mind about ur valueable car....
bro this is the 2nd thread u bumped that is very old...check the date..

alvinthz

Known Member
Sep 22, 2009
Petaling Jaya

whatever locks you put, if a thief reallly wants your car he can still steal it either by towing it or putting it on a flat bed lorry. What the additional locks does is create a situation that your car is 'less desirable' compared to similar cars in the same parking lot that does not have additional locks, a thief will always choose the easiest car to steal
Its true bro,... very true,... I guess they could already know what lock you use,... if its so hard,... they tow the car,... or gun point you,... your life or your ride,...?

Sick world

mustang125

Known Member
Aug 3, 2011
Kuala Lumpur

any locks for tyre then? super clamp...?:rofl:
techs not enough...?:banghead:

mustang125

Known Member
Aug 3, 2011
Kuala Lumpur

how about "CAR TRACKING SYSTEM" aka "ANTI-THEFT monitoring device"
bro?:itsme:

stuffx

Known Member
Nov 16, 2005

how about "CAR TRACKING SYSTEM" aka "ANTI-THEFT monitoring device"
bro?:itsme:
i would say tracking system is a must if u feel that your car is a "highly targeted car". a combination of a good steering lock and tracking system is a good thing to have

some tracking systems can be linked to the original alarm. in case the thieves manage to open the door without disarming the alarm, a signal will be sent to the operation center and they can immobilize the engine remotely and the car location will be tracked..

mustang125

Known Member
Aug 3, 2011
Kuala Lumpur

dats such a wonderful explaination from u bro stuffx,appreciate it..

SundayDriver

Known Member
Dec 1, 2008

i use a pet snake

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

It was a twist of a different kind that will be keeping Ken Block out of the Rally of Portugal following an accident that saw him send his Ford Fiesta WRC car airborne with multiple rolls mid-air before coming to a halt on its side in a ditch.

Block and his teammate Alex Gelsomino were out doing shakedown and practice runs for the rally when the DC Shoes founder clipped the inside of a turn too deep and...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience