gearbox problems

syem sepah

i using wira 4g93t and wanna help from sifus out there.

during morning,my car can shift the gear smoothly and clutch only need to press half to engage gear.

But when driving in several KM, its started hard to shift the gear ...its going harder while driving in long distance as the engine temperature is increasing but not extreme ...just reach normal temperature.

the problem going worst if i stuck in traffic jam....cannot engage 1st gear , but need to shift to gear 2 (with hard clutch pressing and need to stress the lever to go into 2nd gear) for jump start.

the reverse gear also had a problem when driving in a several distance ,its hard to shift in.

in mid day where outside temperature is extreme, the "kreek" sound is heard in gearbox when shifting to Reverse gear and so on the 1st gear ....(after leaving the parking lot)

the clutch cover and clutch plate i've changed but same problems still happens.

"this problems is occur when my engine is in hot temperature especially traffic jams"

HELP:bawling:

when was the last time u changed your MTF? happened to me couple of yrs ago when i was using 4g93p. found out that water had seeped into the gearbox & hence caused hard shifting. once flushed old MTF out & fill with new ones, problem solved.

I've changed the MTF same time with changing the Clutch set.around Dec '10.

but can't sure the brand as i leave the car at workshop.

one thing for certain, two times changing MTF includes not flushing the GB
I'm planning to flush the old MTF and using the Toyota GL5 gearbox oil.

so your problems with 4g93p also happens when hot temp Mr Danz?

bro, 2010 or 2011? if 2010...u go bang your head on the wall haha.....
if its 2011 its about time edi...i change my MTF every 10k kms.....

yes, happens when engine temp at optimum.

hahaha...thanks bro...

i will change the oil and update here as soon as possible :driver:

sorry for a very long time not updating..

my problem actually is solved.I've changed to racing clutch then ...settled...

thanks for advice.no more pain engaging gears during PEAK hours or optimal temp....

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom