Gear disengage during drive problem. Help!

eldims

Sep 22, 2009
Johor Bahru
hi. i am using an evo 3 engine with lsd gb. just recently i have a problem with my gear suddenly disengaging during drive and goes into neutral. it happens when i'm at 5th gear and when i release the accelerator. it doesnt always happen when i release the accelerator, but when it happens thats how it is. speed of the car makes no difference. it will happen regardless whether i'm at 90km/h or 180km/h, and whether i'm cruising or pushing the car.

its not really a problem i guess. but driving all the way from jb to penang with this could be damn annoying. is there anyone who knows wht the problem is, how to fix it, and if its a sign of other problems coming my way.. thx

patrickchong

Known Member
Mar 26, 2006
its problem with ur gearbox part. tat's called the syncronizer ring. its functioning engaging the gear and hold in position. most probally it has been worn out. before this, u also can check and make sure all the mounting of the gear linkage is not in problem.

azameel

Known Member
Jun 8, 2006
deym
i had the same problem as u
it only happen on my fifth gear
only if i push/boost the car
usually happen at 160 and above when there is high load on the engine

modesto007

Known Member
Sep 17, 2008
yeah mate..
me too had the same thing...
running on mivec gb [gb 1.6+1.6 Dohc 4G92].. .mine happenned at 3rd and 5th ..
then the mech change the yellow kind of ring...as in da pic above...
but after change, i still dnt find it smooth on 3rd and 5th gear as my other mates gb whereby he using the 4G93T CK Version.

i find it when engaging the gear, it really feels solid when changing da gear, but mine not that solid though,, ,,advised that there's a kind of bracket i need to change and check me gear parts in da gb and also clutch plate.... i mean this is for my scenario .

cheers

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hello teacher n sifus,
mine is AE101 4afe, i just back from malacca yesterday n maintain speed at 140-160 km/h. When reached seremban, temp almost show the red line, so i stop my car, shock after 1/2 hour, i have to put 2 bottle of 1.2L water into the rediator..
Why? whats wrong a?
Already change water pump n no leaking,
Isnt caused of engine is so hot?
How to overcome it?

Thanx
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience