Gauging interest on plasti dip

Gauging Interest : Which Plasti Dip Color Would You Prefer And What Would You Dip?

• Blaze Blue

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Blaze Green

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Blaze Orange

• Blaze Pink

• Blaze Purple

• Blaze Yellow

• Base White

• Base Red

• Base Black

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Smoke!

• Gun Metal

• Camo Black

• Camo Brown

• Camo Tan

• Camo Green

• Total voters

wyldemdd

Apr 22, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
hi guys,

sorry i did search thru this thread for shops and found ace hardware Midvalley and ikano centre near the curve. Do we have anymore shops available for this PD? It seems like the one sold at the ikano do not need to be diluted first but the MD we need naphta to dilute and spray gun as well right? I'm trying to convert my little rim to some flat black color using PD. Spray shop takes 3-4 days to respray my rims, so i was thinking maybe PD is one day and DIY?
As what supra_fanatic said, spray can PD is enough to do the whole set of rim. How many cans of PD depends on how you spray you rims. I saw ikano ACE got few cans of black spray. Those spray can PD need not to be re-mix since it's already premix so it can be sprayable. Make sure you clean your rims and remove all the oil for maximum bonding of PD. Good luck and have fun :)

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
hi guys,

sorry i did search thru this thread for shops and found ace hardware Midvalley and ikano centre near the curve. Do we have anymore shops available for this PD? It seems like the one sold at the ikano do not need to be diluted first but the MD we need naphta to dilute and spray gun as well right? I'm trying to convert my little rim to some flat black color using PD. Spray shop takes 3-4 days to respray my rims, so i was thinking maybe PD is one day and DIY?
Actually there are only two types of PD. The spray can and the dip type. The dip needs naptha or xylene or toulene and a spray gun to make it useful. You're better off getting the spray can type but good luck buying black spray!

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Actually there are only two types of PD. The spray can and the dip type. The dip needs naptha or xylene or toulene and a spray gun to make it useful. You're better off getting the spray can type but good luck buying black spray!
Someone seems a bit piss and fed up LOL! I understand that feel. Cuz I experienced
that before....:rofl:

^#%#% who bought all the blacks?
(standing in front of the shelf and went all the way there from Kepong to Sunway) :rofl:

Who wouldn't be piss :rofl:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
bloody hell.. kepong to sunway isn't that far la. I'm coming from Kajang.
:rofl: Kajang to Sunway near only. Got highway to use. LDP jam as always :biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
red dip red dip, please let me know if any1 of you saw red colour dip can PD. I need for my new project :)
Sure, we need blacks :rofl:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
i got 1 can of black spray but my colleague already book it, asking me to get him another 2 cans for his rims LOL
Aiks, damn lots of people aiming for black, just too bad Malaysia do not have much
choice of colors.

But DIP we have Yellow, Red, Black and White I think.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Aiks, damn lots of people aiming for black, just too bad Malaysia do not have much
choice of colors.

But DIP we have Yellow, Red, Black and White I think.
Black can consider universal. Can use for many things. Other color like red, yellow need to match.
The ACE I went to (IOI) got yellow dip only....

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
Dipped a couple things last weekend...later will post up. IMO yellow or red or white might be lil hard to take care in our dusty n hazy weather. To me i think its not very practical unless its for show off purpose

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Dipped a couple things last weekend...later will post up. IMO yellow or red or white might be lil hard to take care in our dusty n hazy weather. To me i think its not very practical unless its for show off purpose
I wonder how long does those clear coat last on our plastdip, will it be washed off in a long
run?

If it can be clear coated then yellow or red is easy to wash off, unlike Matte paint where
is real hard to care for.

wyldemdd

Apr 22, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
I did my bonnet with red and i don't have problem cleaning them. Haven't wash my car for 3 months now and the bonnet part is still very clean,no dirt stain at all. I use water only to clean a bird poop last week without using any cleaning foam or shampoo. Only thing that need to worry about is the oil stain from mechanic hands when you send for car service. Other than that i don't think there is a problem :)

---------- Post added at 04:19 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:06 PM ----------

I wonder how long does those clear coat last on our plastdip, will it be washed off in a long
run?

If it can be clear coated then yellow or red is easy to wash off, unlike Matte paint where
is real hard to care for.
I can sell you PD glossifier but it won't be cheap as ACE price,PD malaysia quote me RM75 for a can of spray glossifier

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
I did my bonnet with red and i don't have problem cleaning them. Haven't wash my car for 3 months now and the bonnet part is still very clean,no dirt stain at all. I use water only to clean a bird poop last week without using any cleaning foam or shampoo. Only thing that need to worry about is the oil stain from mechanic hands when you send for car service. Other than that i don't think there is a problem :)

I can sell you PD glossifier but it won't be cheap as ACE price,PD malaysia quote me RM75 for a can of spray glossifier
Reserve for me please :biggrin: btw where is PD malaysia? :hmmmm:

So just spray on like normal and finishing after last coat with glossifier right?
From what I see from the video, Plastidip that added with glossifier is easier to clean
than Matte Surface Plastidip

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The debut of Scholl Concepts and a EPIC detailing duo with http://www.wetshine.net

The Legendary #98 out of #99 Fiat 500 Abarth

The all new Audi A6 Hybrid

A neglected and abused daily ride restored

A maintained by driver fully swirled up Porsche...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience