Gauging interest on plasti dip

Gauging Interest : Which Plasti Dip Color Would You Prefer And What Would You Dip?

• Blaze Blue

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Blaze Green

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Blaze Orange

• Blaze Pink

• Blaze Purple

• Blaze Yellow

• Base White

• Base Red

• Base Black

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Smoke!

• Gun Metal

• Camo Black

• Camo Brown

• Camo Tan

• Camo Green

• Total voters

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Reading bro. wyldemdd replies, you may need to use spray gun too. I agree will have more even spray as constant pressure. Spray can pressure can go up and down.
Maybe can borrow (maybe rent...ha! ha!) from bro. Izso to try.....:rofl:
Spray can may be more expensive too....:banghead:
It is, I need 20 cans and he needs only 9 Dip cans. In a long run a spray gun is better for
larger surface to dip.

wyldemdd

Apr 22, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Guys, have u guys tried it on glass/windows before? I dont have a tint but i have an idea of using matte black to cover the top of my windshield. Should look awesome. :biggrin:
I think it will stick just as good as it stick on metal or plastic. The most important is how you prep your material before spraying. Make sure the windshield clean and not oily. I'm gonna try it myself soon when I got my stock on hand.

For a even spray without texture with spray can make sure you don't stop too many point each time spraying for example : bonnet starting from most left till most right side you go all the way spraying and not stoppping at the middle or so.

Get a can spray gun handle too to avoid finger getting tired of triggering the spray nozzle.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Guys, have u guys tried it on glass/windows before? I dont have a tint but i have an idea of using matte black to cover the top of my windshield. Should look awesome. :biggrin:
Awesome Idea indeed. Thanks for sharing man! But I think best spray on the outside and not inside.
Gonna be a mess and u r gonna breathe in those harmful vapor smell...

I think it will stick just as good as it stick on metal or plastic. The most important is how you prep your material before spraying. Make sure the windshield clean and not oily. I'm gonna try it myself soon when I got my stock on hand.

For a even spray without texture with spray can make sure you don't stop too many point each time spraying for example : bonnet starting from most left till most right side you go all the way spraying and not stoppping at the middle or so.

Get a can spray gun handle too to avoid finger getting tired of triggering the spray nozzle.
I got the trigger, because I can't get a consistent speed and amount of plastidip sprayed if I
were to use my finger alone. I get tired to continue with my finger.

With the trigger is as though u r operating from the spray gun. I can do for hours
without sweat. :smile:

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Haha thanks for the feedback. Shall do it soon since morning sunlight is too bright!
BTW, I sprayed my handles on my persona, it stuck quite well. Haha. I put a tape on the inner handle.
Family, gf, friends all touched it. They are still okay. :D

Awesome Idea indeed. Thanks for sharing man! But I think best spray on the outside and not inside.
OF COURSE MAN! haha. Altho I still can't get the piece of the steering of my Persona out to spray. :\

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Haha thanks for the feedback. Shall do it soon since morning sunlight is too bright!
BTW, I sprayed my handles on my persona, it stuck quite well. Haha. I put a tape on the inner handle.
Family, gf, friends all touched it. They are still okay. :D

OF COURSE MAN! haha. Altho I still can't get the piece of the steering of my Persona out to spray. :\
If u afraid that it will tear out easily, can spray clear coat on it. The bond will be stronger.
Don't do under hot sun, do in a shade bro.

Not state by me but by professionals :rofl:

Wow u should bring your gf out to TT :rofl:

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
If u afraid that it will tear out easily, can spray clear coat on it. The bond will be stronger.
Don't do under hot sun, do in a shade bro.

Not state by me but by professionals :rofl:

Wow u should bring your gf out to TT :rofl:
GF in Ampang. T.T Then now, u guys also no on TT, i got internship. :\
I clear coated it with the normal clear coat by Anchor. That's why i said not nice to peel afterwards. The dried clear coat will be flaky.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

I got the trigger, because I can't get a consistent speed and amount of plastidip sprayed if I
were to use my finger alone. I get tired to continue with my finger.

With the trigger is as though u r operating from the spray gun. I can do for hours
without sweat. :smile:
If spray outside on front windscreen, better leave space for wipers.....:rolleyes:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
If spray outside on front windscreen, better leave space for wipers.....:rolleyes:
Hardly need to use wipers already now ever since windscreen wax frequently :rofl:

wyldemdd

Apr 22, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
wyldemdd : What proportion of xylene / naptha / toulene to the PD?
50:50 ratio = if the PD is 429ML then you need to mix 429ML of xylene/toulene/naptha. You can go for 60:40 ratio but eventually you need to do more coat since the PD is thinner in it's form.

kanan

500 RPM
Nov 12, 2005
KL
hi guys,

sorry i did search thru this thread for shops and found ace hardware Midvalley and ikano centre near the curve. Do we have anymore shops available for this PD? It seems like the one sold at the ikano do not need to be diluted first but the MD we need naphta to dilute and spray gun as well right? I'm trying to convert my little rim to some flat black color using PD. Spray shop takes 3-4 days to respray my rims, so i was thinking maybe PD is one day and DIY?

Attachments

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
GF in Ampang. T.T Then now, u guys also no on TT, i got internship. :\
I clear coated it with the normal clear coat by Anchor. That's why i said not nice to peel afterwards. The dried clear coat will be flaky.
im young but im not stupid lah dude.
Haha bro! You're too sensitive la, he just saying as a reminder. Not saying we are stupid la.
See how we see it only. :biggrin:

hi guys,

sorry i did search thru this thread for shops and found ace hardware Midvalley and ikano centre near the curve. Do we have anymore shops available for this PD? It seems like the one sold at the ikano do not need to be diluted first but the MD we need naphta to dilute and spray gun as well right? I'm trying to convert my little rim to some flat black color using PD. Spray shop takes 3-4 days to respray my rims, so i was thinking maybe PD is one day and DIY?
Rims I think using Spray Cans is good enough, like what PocketRocket did also with Spray Cans.
The one selling at Ikano is it in gallon or size of spray cans? if size of spray cans have
to dilute it. Hardly even can find any PD selling in gallons..

1 thing for me is that even if we are busy after plastidip, really cant send for car wash
outside anymore :rofl:

My emblems PD are tearing off a bit, cuz told those foreigners still don't understand not to use
the cloth to wipe or wash the black parts :rofl: