Front door on Accord SV4 making damn alot of noise!.......

pillage2001

Known Member
Do you guys have this problem?? When I go over any hump or uneven road, the door will make alot of noise as if it's not closed properly. The sound is like this; 'kreak..kreakkkkkk kreakk...' I've went to the service centre and they readjusted the door and it's harder to close the door now but the sound went off but after 1.5 months, it's slowly coming back again. :S I'm not sure how tight they're gonna readjust the doors again cause it's damn hard to close now. I would have to slam my door to close it. Know anything that I can do?? Bring back to SC again??

open the door n try to lift it up....if u find there is free play than u have to change both door hinge...

There's no free play when I tried to lift it up. It doesn't seem to be loose either. What else could I check?? I remember they adjusted something which makes it harder toclose the door now without slamming it harder than usual. :S

For hondas after some years u will need to change the Door hinge & Latch. Its usually works out. Had the same problem once and was OK after I got it replaced. Can go chop shop if ur on a tight budget.

Last edited:
check on ur latch (on door) and striker (on door frame)...adjust the door striker to be aligned with the latch...by loosening the 2 screws and push it up/down/left/right until u get flush fit on the door...

darkemperor said:
check on ur latch (on door) and striker (on door frame)...adjust the door striker to be aligned with the latch...by loosening the 2 screws and push it up/down/left/right until u get flush fit on the door...

Hmmmmm..this is tough....what's a striker and where's the latch??...The striker is the thing that hooks the door right???how to see if it's align? Adjust then close? Adjust then close??

shfish said:
For hondas after some years u will need to change the Door hinge & Latch. Its usually works out. Had the same problem once and was OK after I got it replaced. Can go chop shop if ur on a tight budget.

How much are we talking about???

pillage2001 said:
Hmmmmm..this is tough....what's a striker and where's the latch??...The striker is the thing that hooks the door right???how to see if it's align? Adjust then close? Adjust then close??
u r rite....its not tough if u r a DIY person, a few adjustment will do...unless u have a damged set...then have to get it from the chop shop...usually the latch will give problem rather than the striker...

i have one question about the door, is that any way that we can do to make the door sound like new when we close it...what i mean is when we close the door, the sound is like new car (dub) not (dang)...have to change all rubber trim or what....thanks