First Impression: VW Golf R - 2012 TSI Turbo 4WD

Won

500 RPM
Sep 2, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Not just the engine note, the signature gear change note is there as well. Every time I hear it, I get some goosebumps :biggrin:

A couple more pictures from last night:

spec-c

1,500 RPM
May 21, 2008
TTDi
Just sold my R32 ... wondering wether this is a good replacement :smokin:
just sold R32... location ttdi... blue colour with OEM rims?

Bogie

May 2, 2010
Terengganu
Heard from VW Malaysia.. they now trying to bring in this dude. Estimated price is around rm260k-280k.. RM299k is ridiculously expensive for 3 doors Golf R + it's only recon.. :banghead:

DarkChild

1,000 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Kuala Lumpur
There's a price to pay for being the first. Just like getting and iPhone 4s in KL before Maxis gets it. You pay the price for being first. *laughs*

That being said, VW has kept saying they will bring it in, but when? These two cars is already sitting in the showroom ready to be registered. No need to wait. :biggrin:

WGR2233

Apr 18, 2008
Even though the 270 hp is Evo & Subaru territory, the feels on DSG is much different and can easily tapau both of them on stock standard at highway.
As far as I am concern, the 'hp' from germany is not like Japan.(Correct me If Iam wrong)
Example; Toyota Caldina with 240hp is easily kena tapau with Golf GTi 197hp. ( I am always tapau the 'Nina' at PLUS hiway)

DarkChild

1,000 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Kuala Lumpur
Even though the 270 hp is Evo & Subaru territory, the feels on DSG is much different and can easily tapau both of them on stock standard at highway.
As far as I am concern, the 'hp' from germany is not like Japan.(Correct me If Iam wrong)
Example; Toyota Caldina with 240hp is easily kena tapau with Golf GTi 197hp. ( I am always tapau the 'Nina' at PLUS hiway)
Yeap. It's really friggin' quick!

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak
must tell my friend about this, he's been wanting for one to replace his rx-8 for ages, hahaha.

Bogie

May 2, 2010
Terengganu
There's only bhp & whp... It is quick bcz of DSG... Put the right jockey wif the right timing in shifting then u'll see who's faster.. 197whp golf or 270whp evo.. Most of us didn't how to shift perfectly... DSG = pro racer shifting..

redridinghood86

Known Member
Jan 2, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Caldina's curb weight 1480kg Golf GTi's 1414kg, about 50kg differences, not much. Then again, it's DSG against traditional automatic, so it wouldn't surprise me if GTI wins the Caldina.

However, a real matchup would be an SST Evo X against the Golf R. Both playing with twin clutches, if the SST Evo X loses, then we all will know which is the better purchase. For power hungry people that is :)

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak
Caldina's curb weight 1480kg Golf GTi's 1414kg, about 50kg differences, not much. Then again, it's DSG against traditional automatic, so it wouldn't surprise me if GTI wins the Caldina.

However, a real matchup would be an SST Evo X against the Golf R. Both playing with twin clutches, if the SST Evo X loses, then we all will know which is the better purchase. For power hungry people that is :)
heres your explanation summed up!

Drift King Test Golf GTI (DSG vs 6spd Manual) - YouTube

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

can any one help me???i need Mitsubishi Lancer GT 2.0 NA Auto ecu wiring diagram...
cos i wanna install emanage blue...but the shop at kuching here didnt have wiring diagram for 4B11.can any one help me and give me the diagram???
and,where is the ecu location???they found 2 ecu,one is in engine room,one is at passanger locker,behind fuse box.but not seem like the ecu box.cos its small...
thanks bro...........:adore:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience