Field Sfc Vtec + Mugen Chips

khoo198

1,500 RPM
Hi!everybody,I'm new in car modification,got some question need to ask sifu-sifu TEC.......
My car is Integ Gsr db8,B18c with minor mods,i bought in a Field sfc vtec controller few days ago,thinking to install it to my teg to change the vtec point to open at 4800rpm(stock is 5800),but after installed it(install follow the manual guide n i double check it n the all wiring is correct),the problems is coming..........

1.acceleration week.Even i set 0% for those 8 point(1000-8000)
2.white smoke+strongly petrol smell(set with +1 at 3000rpm,+2 at 5000rpm,-1 for 7000&8000rpm)
3.Vtec open point still at 5800rpm even i set it to 5000rpm
4.the meter cant show the speed,just only show 0 at screen
attn:no check engine light comes on.

after that,i open the stock ecu to see n i saw got 1chips writing with(10% Mugen 5800/10000cut)
wht is this????? is this the chips make me can't use this controller?

Got any GURUS & SIFUS V-TEC can give me some advise here?Thx alot.....!!!!

Hi Khoo...
Have u found da solution?

1. The IC inside is normally called "Chip", so you have an ecu that is already Chipped.
and based on the spec of your engine, 10% is quite rich air fuel ratio.
To set you sfc for air fuel ratiocorrectly you should be doing it with the use of O2 meter
2. And the chip should not effect the setting of your sfc for vtec start point...
I recommend you rechecked your wirings or get pro help....

Hope this help out.....

P/s: I installed chip and super vafc wiring for friends in Muar...

Hi Khoo...

1. The IC inside is normally called "Chip", so you have an ecu that is already Chipped.
To set you sfc for air fuel ratiocorrectly you should be doing it with the use of O2 meter
2. And the chip should not effect the setting of your sfc for vtec start point...

Hope this help out.....

sorry bro....what is 02 meter?

02= is referring to the oxygen code .. so he is referring to 02/oxygen indicator

Hi Khoo...

Hope this help out.....

The problems solved......all running well now........but....when Vtec kick in after 200-300rpm.....Check engine light comes on....after turn off engine n restart......back to normal......why hhuh?
another thing is got anybody had a fuel setting data for this Field sfc? thanks............

Solved!solved!Solved!just some little wiring problems.....thanks to all who give me suggestion here!! Thanks.........the Teg really can go fast now!!

Bump: Solved!solved!Solved!just some little wiring problems.....thanks to all who give me suggestion here!! Thanks.........the Teg really can go fast now!!