Failed at Puspakom because of pillar sambung

shem_lexluger

Dec 29, 2009
Subang Jaya
So I went to inspection for name change and engine conversion. But I kinda forgot that 13 years ago when my dad was using the car he had a quite major accident that requires the whole roof to be replaced. Then at Puspakom I got failed for "keenam-enam pillar potong & sambung".

Since this is my first experience doing inspection, I was a bit takut2 to offer angpau. Plus the guy delivering the final results looks like alim type and im also a malay guy as well haha. And then he was just a young inspection worker and definitely not a pegawai. So just wanna ask anyone in here who have experience giving angpau at inspection, to whom do u give and how much?

Anyway back to my case, I was told to go to JPJ jabatan kejuruteraan automotif. I went there and the pegawai set an appointment for inspection about a month from now. Damn long man! So between now and the appointment date, is it ok to drive my car around? If kena tahan, can simply show the appointment letter?

As per my understanding, if the PIAM workshop 13 years ago repaired the car according to procedure, they would have brought the car for inspection first and then JPJ will have record of roof sambung right?

But if worst case scenario no record in JPJ, how severe is this roof sambung issue? Is there a possibility of failing again at the kejuruteraan automotif inspection and car impounded for life? If kawtim, what kind of figure are we talking?

Thanks all

csl

1,000 RPM
Aug 22, 2005
Malysia
1. What is the market value for your car? Some car can fetch a good price if sell as halfcut, so rugi a bit and can save plenty of headache.

2. Replacing roof shouldn't involve with sambung pillar. If you really sambung + relacing the roof, then cannot la. If you confirm never sambung, then ask the pegawai to proof in black and white, including the x-ray picture, to make sure not someone try to do something for creating opportunity for kopi o money.

If the car really sambung before, then don't sell to people la. If people has accident and die, then you are one of the murderer. You have to know that, people also got father and mother, wife and children, brother and sister. What you will lose is only money. But people will lose life. If so bad, until people whole family die in an accident, how you are gonna face yourself, your god and your family for the rest of your life? Taktir say you must lose money today. But you cheat and make people die. No one will forgive you, at least me.

Please do not pay kopi o money. If you are a man, you should rather walk with slipper also don't tunduk your kepala in front of corruption. If you kena tangkap, you and your family will be shame. Everyone will point at you when talk about corruption. If you can escape for this time, the rest of your life will be in fear for police come and catch you. Further more, offering kopi-o money is just a 50/50 gambler. If that person take the money then turn his head and say you cannot pass, how? You cannot tell anyone including the police for paying kopi-o. You can only tell your family for failing in the corruption activity. You wanna fight him? he can take the money and report you try to pay kopi o.

Ask your Ustaz and seek for advice. If you decided to go for this kopi o thing, you had fail everyone. If people die, no one will forgive you, at least I'm not gonna forgive you. You will be shame for the rest of your life.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
go blame the workshop if proven that the pillar was potong/sambung type

shem_lexluger

Dec 29, 2009
Subang Jaya
Thanks for the replies.

Car is AE101 SEG just converted the engine a month ago. I don't think selling the car is ever going to be in my to-do lists actually.

Replacing roof shouldn't involve sambung pillar? I can't really confirm this, need to talk to my dad and then maybe go back to the old PIAM workshop in USJ where the car was fixed 13 years ago. But the failed letter clearly said "keenam-enam pillar potong & sambung".

So my another question is, between now and the appointment date, is it ok to drive my car around? If kena tahan, can simply show the appointment letter?

Last edited:

jaj_prakaash

Known Member
Jan 11, 2007
Jurong
1. What is the market value for your car? Some car can fetch a good price if sell as halfcut, so rugi a bit and can save plenty of headache.

2. Replacing roof shouldn't involve with sambung pillar. If you really sambung + relacing the roof, then cannot la. If you confirm never sambung, then ask the pegawai to proof in black and white, including the x-ray picture, to make sure not someone try to do something for creating opportunity for kopi o money.

If the car really sambung before, then don't sell to people la. If people has accident and die, then you are one of the murderer. You have to know that, people also got father and mother, wife and children, brother and sister. What you will lose is only money. But people will lose life. If so bad, until people whole family die in an accident, how you are gonna face yourself, your god and your family for the rest of your life? Taktir say you must lose money today. But you cheat and make people die. No one will forgive you, at least me.

I really like this part, if only all the second car salesman think like this... :smokin:

Please do not pay kopi o money. If you are a man, you should rather walk with slipper also don't tunduk your kepala in front of corruption. If you kena tangkap, you and your family will be shame. Everyone will point at you when talk about corruption. If you can escape for this time, the rest of your life will be in fear for police come and catch you. Further more, offering kopi-o money is just a 50/50 gambler. If that person take the money then turn his head and say you cannot pass, how? You cannot tell anyone including the police for paying kopi-o. You can only tell your family for failing in the corruption activity. You wanna fight him? he can take the money and report you try to pay kopi o.

Ask your Ustaz and seek for advice. If you decided to go for this kopi o thing, you had fail everyone. If people die, no one will forgive you, at least I'm not gonna forgive you. You will be shame for the rest of your life.

BE5RSK

Known Member
Dec 31, 2009
Besaout
Bro, if the car is not safe to be on the road, then don't drive.
if you drive it, you are only make things complicated later on, let say involved in road accident (doesn't matter it's your fault or someone else). it's dangerous to you and other road users.

Anyway, I'm not sure whether the Puspakom's certification of "keenam-enam pillar potong & sambung" would means that your SEG is illegal on the road.:hmmmm:

If it's really illegal on the road, then how you are suppose to bring your car to JPJ jabatan kejuruteraan automotif for further test? Tow-truck ?:hmmmm:

shem_lexluger

Dec 29, 2009
Subang Jaya
Just an update, car already approved after inspection by jabatan automotif. All is good now. Geran has been updated to include the necessary info.

Last edited:

cmng

3,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
those say replacement roof cannot cut pillar
yes.. that is recently rules

10yr ago
those roof replacement normally is done by cut and weld all the 6 pillar

because of the rules change
it not permited anymore

so mostly cut pillar car you see happen on those 15yr old car above one

FVel

500 RPM
Feb 5, 2007
Just an update, car already approved after inspection by jabatan automotif. All is good now. Geran has been updated to include the necessary info.
Are you in a position to clarify how it finally got approved after initially failing inspection ?

If it is a case of 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell', please ignore this question :biggrin:

shem_lexluger

Dec 29, 2009
Subang Jaya
Funny I revisited my old thread and just saw a bunch of posts here that I missed last time. Thanks for the replies.
FVel, everything was totally legit. No hanky-panky. Strangely, I still even remember the friendliness of the JPJ officer at jabatan automotif that inspected my car that morning. Really nice guy.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The Mitsubishi Evolution X is a great looking machine but one would be hard pressed to tell the difference between it and a well kitted Mitsubishi Lancer, bar a few tell tale differences.

While browsing around for something interesting on Ebay, I stumbled across this yummy...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience