extra injectors

hybrid evo

i know some people put extra injectors at the stainless steel intercooler piping right before intake manifold.feel so much difference is it?

i wanna know:

1) why not increase the cc value of injectors instead of adding extra injectors?

2) why not just increase fuel regulator and fuel pump pressure?

3) which is the best?

-increasing cc of injectors
-adding extra injectors but same cc
-increasing fuel pressure via fuel regulator (adjustable)
-increasing fuel pressure via fuel pump

any comments?

does the injectors work are the same time as the others?
coz i've seen injectors that only start to work after a certain high RPM to supply more fuel..

Fluffy said:
does the injectors work are the same time as the others?
coz i've seen injectors that only start to work after a certain high RPM to supply more fuel..

extra injectors usually work when reach above 4000rpm. i wanna know got so much improvement ah?

now i wanna increase the response of my car. dunno this will help .thats why i wanna know

Last edited:
oh..okay.so this must be the same thing la..

it gives u mostly high end power coz that's when the primary 4 injectors cant supply sufficient fuel..and the extra injectors kicks it.

response?i doubt.

oh only high end power ah? sure or not? coz my rival's car increase response after installing 2 injectors on his evo1. installing only 1.6 injectors got from proton 1.6. dunno what cc.

what is the cc for 1.6 injectors huh?=230cc?

i know evo1 same as mine=510cc

hybrid evo said:
oh only high end power ah? sure or not? coz my rival's car increase response after installing 2 injectors on his evo1.

Bro.. wats EMS or piggyback controller that ur rival's car got?

U canot simply improve ur car response by adding xtra injector without any tuning tools/EMS. Normally people add injector to compensate more fuel bcoz of bigger turbine or higher boost level.

it's an old way to increase fuelling during the older days when larger injectors are rare. some install it to save cost as not all injectors are same. (different sockets for fuel rail) can be considered as the piggyback last time as the AIC is activated during a pre-set boost and rpm level, can even set the amount of fuel spraying out too.

3) which is the best?

-increasing cc of injectors <- the best upgrade, but must compensate with :
-adding extra injectors but same cc <- cheapest, but also must compensate with :
-increasing fuel pressure via fuel regulator (adjustable) <- this and :
-increasing fuel pressure via fuel pump <- this.

it's actually corelated.

excalibur: oh really ah 180cc? very2 kecik ah cc? gsr 180hp also 390cc already. but thanks for the info

lilvee: my rival got some injector controller. above 5000rpm, 2 extra 510cc injectors kasi pancut itu minyak.hehe. (eh boost 1.2 bar with 4 of 510cc injectors if add 2 more 180cc injectors, can get better response ah?)

miton ct26:h it is the cheapest way is it? i want that. couldnt afford to spend so much but if can la, wanna try to tapau people i know with modfied engine sudah la. lately also pokai already.hehe

i think it's old way to compensate fuel starvation.
but still this way is applicable...most of EMS got extra injectors controller function. so if to say extra injectors method is totally out dated, why the EMS producers still feature controller for extra injectors?

i think it's matter of tuning technique & personal preference.

hybrid : erm..you need to get an AIC for your extra injectors. that cost alone will give a bigger setback.

in comparison : 550CC injectors market price around RM 380 +- better to change all and able to boost higher.

remember, it's not a way to increase boost response, rather to compensate for fuelling on high boost pressures only. saves your engine from blowing lor. heh...

MitonCT26 said:
hybrid : erm..you need to get an AIC for your extra injectors. that cost alone will give a bigger setback.

in comparison : 550CC injectors market price around RM 380 +- better to change all and able to boost higher.

remember, it's not a way to increase boost response, rather to compensate for fuelling on high boost pressures only. saves your engine from blowing lor. heh...

oooo. ok thanks for the info dudes. really appreciate it

u also can used pressure switch to trigger the the injector. that mean when u up boost over 1 bar, the extra injector running. below 1 bar, extra injector cut off. this is better control compare with rpm trigger.

hmm... let explain like this...

4g92 mivec, stock injector 270cc.. after bolt on, 4x270cc cant feed my monster.

if i upgrade all to 450cc, yes it can, but think about it full time you will be running 4x450cc, and during crusing i dont need that high cc injector to feed my monster.
so ppl start adding injector, with mivec turbo 4x270cc injector, this will feed my monster all the time, when boost is comming, my extra injector only start help to feed my monster.