Experiencing some serious lagg

dOriginalDappa

Nov 21, 2006
Turbo taking too long to spool,too much turbo lag.Turbo is original TD04 from EVOIII engine 4G63T.This is quite small,I cannot understand why it is taking so long to initiate.I have deduced it is one of three things,either the turbo is damaged(I don't know how),my exhaust is leaking between the head and the turbo(I should hear something if this is the case) or last but not least,boost escaping somewhere between the intercooler and the intake on the head.What should I do,change turbo but b4 how to know what is wrong.

cooljas

500 RPM
Jan 24, 2005
dOriginalDappa,
First of all wat engine u r using?secondly evo3 turbin code is TDO5 not td04...

edgar_raphael

1,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Visit site
get a boost and vacumm meter to check for any leakings of pressure.

remove the extrator and turbo manifold to check for any sorts of cracks.

If you turbo is damaged, you're fcuked and you can see smoke coming from your turbo, so it is definitely not a damaged turbo.

otherwise, the next possible reason could be a stuffed up wastegate actuator. by the way, when you mean laggy, at what rpm does your turbo hit full boost?

Does this happens all the time? because when it is like really hot outside, every turbo cars are laggy, trust me :)

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
dOriginalDappa said:
Turbo taking too long to spool,too much turbo lag.Turbo is original TD04 from EVOIII engine 4G63T.This is quite small,I cannot understand why it is taking so long to initiate.I have deduced it is one of three things,either the turbo is damaged(I don't know how),my exhaust is leaking between the head and the turbo(I should hear something if this is the case) or last but not least,boost escaping somewhere between the intercooler and the intake on the head.What should I do,change turbo but b4 how to know what is wrong.
do a leak test
from ur intercooler piping there will be a small vacuum hose heading to actuator
plug tht hose out
use ur mechanics compressor gun to shoot air into the pipings, hear for leaks

dOriginalDappa

Nov 21, 2006
Yeah thanks

Vehicle is 1995 edition EVOIII came originally from Mitsubishi motors so I hardly think the company made a mistake.But anyhow I checked the turbo,all seals are in order it is in good condition.I did pressure test on the boost lines and concluded that there exists a piece of hose between the turbo and the intercooler that swells up when boost kicks in.It swells up untill approximately 13psi and then starts to leak.This is why sometimes the car laggs when you pull off,but if you quickly release the accelarator and then flaw it back,you get full boost and the car responds very well.I am changing all hoses to pipes using high density hose as joiners only.Secondly the actuator on the wastegate is faulty,it does not always respond and when it does it moves very slow.Sometimes it opens and takes very long to close and sometimes it doesn't open and sometimes it remains open.What to do about that.I am thinking it wants cleaning,I am thinking of cleaning carbon built up areas with gasoline and corrosion cleaner or carbeaurator spray.Am I on track or do I need to change anything?

dOriginalDappa

Nov 21, 2006
Not experiencing any jerking but sometimes lag occurs without warning.This is very dangerous(especially when overtaking).What happens when I release accelarator and then re-accelarate,is better accelaration.This not suppose to be so?

renxun

1,000 RPM
Jul 4, 2006
b.o.v ...check it out ... if yours is d soft hard adjustable type , d lock night might loosen due to vibration and causing d screw coming out.it might be too soft till it leaks out ur boost.i just xperienced d same ting yesterday n re-do d setup

kRiminaLz

500 RPM
Aug 5, 2004
Docklands/SAlam
Visit site
Check for any leaks at the hoses n piping...
leaks on that part will results with turbo opening up late or u cant even get a boost above 0.1...

N M VERY SURE THAT E3 HAS A TD05H TURBINE... i think urs has been changed by previous owner or sumthing..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi sifu;s & fren's, my close relatives car had been stolen this morning below is the car descriptions :

Proton Iswara sedan
colour: blue
plate no : WFJ 5715
last seen locations : near Carrefour Peel Road, Kuala lumpur.

I hope ZTH member can help to locate this car.
I know this is a very ordinary car, but it means much to its owner.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience