Exhaust setup

GuyInPersona

Known Member
Sep 27, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
Hey guys I know there are couple of forums on this but I just wanna make things clear....

For now my car is std engine wise and mainly upgrading on handling but wanna get into performance next. So what would be the ideal exhaust setup for campro ? I just want power more to mid and high only and don't really care on low. Is 421 header with 2" pipe all the way back and straight flow muffler setup will be ok for Campro Manual ?

KenDiriwan

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
kendiriwan.multiply.com
Std engine huh, i suppose 421 should be ideal for your demand. 4-1 shines for utter high rev prepped engine(aftermarket internal ofc) but you'll sacrifice both low and mid range. What displacement is your engine? You would want to consider a higher flow cat-con as well.

GuyInPersona

Known Member
Sep 27, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
1600cc campro persona.....currently std engine with aftermarket open pod only but planning to do more mods in future. Aim is mainly for pickup... Top around 180-200kmh enough.....current setup 421 with spiral bullet and straight flow muffler with std piping but wasn't really satisfy.... Hehehehe

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
1600cc campro persona.....currently std engine with aftermarket open pod only but planning to do more mods in future. Aim is mainly for pickup... Top around 180-200kmh enough.....current setup 421 with spiral bullet and straight flow muffler with std piping but wasn't really satisfy.... Hehehehe
top speed is honestly useless! its how you get to that top speed that counts!

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
You said you don't care about low rpm but then wants pick up, that's a bit contradictory. For good pick up would need good low-mid range response.

GuyInPersona

Known Member
Sep 27, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
i dont really know how to explain this but the pickup i mean is during rolling...lets say in gear 2 at rpm4 then to push to rpm6.5 so in that term....not really the pickup from moving from 0kmh.....not really sure the term...still new to this car world

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
i dont really know how to explain this but the pickup i mean is during rolling...lets say in gear 2 at rpm4 then to push to rpm6.5 so in that term....not really the pickup from moving from 0kmh.....not really sure the term...still new to this car world
Got it, you want mid to high end acceleration......:driver: but town driving will suffer woh! and being manual got to switch gear often....:banghead:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Seriously - modifying this car to get mid-high torque will be a challenge. An exhaust isn't going to help since this car was designed for the highend rev range. You're better off changing your expectations. Or just drive hard and fast in the top rev range all the time.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Eibach sucks

Eibach pro kit for putra.
Front - 2 fingers.
Rear - 5 fingers.

Just after a week, the front started to give "ekkkk ekkkkkk" sound on the driver side whenever i pass through road bumps or uneven road. And what's more? The ABS light also blinks occasionally (wheel touching the ABS wire until it hurts). I went to tyre shop and asked them to put rubber. But the annoying sound is still there. Dunno whether the Monroe absorber already kong or not. But there's no sign of any...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience