Exhaust firing when up and down shifting

couleur

Known Member
Mar 20, 2008
Hi guys,

Recently I drove along side a Renault Megane RS along the sprint highway and I noticed his exhaust was firing whenever he up shift or down shift. The firing was very minor, not like those Lamborghini or Racing Cars, it was small but visible and he was cruising fairly usual, he wasnt upshifting hard or downshifting in high revs. It looked pretty damn cool from my view and I was curious what mods did he do to make his exhaust fire mildly?

I am driving an Audi TTS, stage 2, 3 inch down pipe and miltek twin exhaust. Was wondering what do I have to do to achieve similar results.

Please share your thoughts if you have any.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
They use anti lag system for the turbo.

[youtube]FeYUHXFF6FU[/youtube]

Last edited:

y2188

Known Member
Jan 4, 2016
Petaling Jaya
I think it can be done through fuel injector cut off time, but whether your current ECU allows you to do it I am not sure. just my 2cents.

couleur

Known Member
Mar 20, 2008
Rich as in running higher RON fuel?

I used to run on RON100 by Petron for almost 2 years consecutively, and whenever I decelerate (take my foot off pedal), I can heard the exhaust rubble and pop.

Now im using 97 caltex, the fuel seems to be more stable, very smooth, but doesnt get that oomph like the RON100, and no more rubble and pop sound :(

Not sure whether worth paying RM40 extra for full tank.

The megane didnt blow out fire like the lancer, it was very minor, the fire only came out like 1 inch from the tip and he didnt do high rev also. As we were cruising around 80-100km/h before reaching the toll, wasnt racing or trying out impress each other.

It was quite a sight to behold...

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur

I used to run on RON100 by Petron for almost 2 years consecutively, and whenever I decelerate (take my foot off pedal), I can heard the exhaust rubble and pop.

Now im using 97 caltex, the fuel seems to be more stable, very smooth, but doesnt get that oomph like the RON100, and no more rubble and pop sound :(

Not sure whether worth paying RM40 extra for full tank.

The megane didnt blow out fire like the lancer, it was very minor, the fire only came out like 1 inch from the tip and he didnt do high rev also. As we were cruising around 80-100km/h before reaching the toll, wasnt racing or trying out impress each other.

It was quite a sight to behold...
Just watch the videos about the 2 anti lag systems that I posted above, it mentioned about the running rich also and it has nothing to do with using higher octane fuel.

It's not necessarily big flames also, can be smaller ones too. See the video below, it's also not as big flames.

[youtube]qRAqSg9W6Z0[/youtube]

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur

I used to run on RON100 by Petron ....
Not RON rating, the mixture of air/fuel ratio...AFR on rich side.

eat fuel like teh ais kaw kurg manis..but since i dnt have proper piggyback/ecu, better safe then sorry. :driver:

couleur

Known Member
Mar 20, 2008
Ah yes, I finally understood your concept. This means I have to strengthen my manifold and also turbo to accept this antilag system?

Has anyone played with this kind of setup before?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Meet the Jaguar F-Pace. A new contender and yet another contributing proof, indicating the immense market needs for more SUVs. Nevertheless, the F-Pace combines what’s good from Jaguar and the key features wanted in the market nowadays.

Sitting in the same league as the Porsche Macan, Audi Q5 and Mercedes GLC, the Jaguar F-Pace boasts a sleeker design; taking cues from its full-size sedan sibling, the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience