evo sifu pls help!!

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
currently think of stroke up my evo 4 4g63 engine with 4g64 2.4L grandis block, but my mech ask me to hold on,wait for confirmation until people prove that the block can be use, my mech told me , he suspect that the starter position is different from 4g63,4g63 is at btm part of the block, but 4g64 starter position is near middle, if just put in the block will resulting in starter being block and heat up by the turbo.... any evo sifu had done this successful?i know evo 1-3 can but how about 4 and above?? i appreciate helps :bawling: our brother in ZTH Mr.xtreameleo still waiting my answer on the block... pls help is any sifu know about this... :adore::adore::adore:

---------- Post added at 10:49 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:11 PM ----------

any sifu can help?

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
currently think of stroke up my evo 4 4g63 engine with 4g64 2.4L grandis block, but my mech ask me to hold on,wait for confirmation until people prove that the block can be use, my mech told me , he suspect that the starter position is different from 4g63,4g63 is at btm part of the block, but 4g64 starter position is near middle, if just put in the block will resulting in starter being block and heat up by the turbo.... any evo sifu had done this successful?i know evo 1-3 can but how about 4 and above?? i appreciate helps :bawling: our brother in ZTH Mr.xtreameleo still waiting my answer on the block... pls help is any sifu know about this... :adore::adore::adore:

---------- Post added at 10:49 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:11 PM ----------

any sifu can help?
FUHH!!!
nice monster project bro
wish u all the best :top:
keep us updated

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
still waiting the pix for dis engine block, i also havent done dis mod on the later evo sirs (new gen), a noob in this also.. what ive gathered so far, is just like what peter stated, the starter is going to interfere with the turbine, from what i heard a lil but u wudnt want info like "a lil" if the block u source out came from across the sea.. anybody with a solid proof, maybe a pix on the placement of the starter, to speed things up?

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
if i was u, i will put in the 4g64 crank into the 4g63 n call it a day,
it has been proven tht u can rev higher a lil than pure 4g64 due to lighter short skirt stroker pistons

bt of cos , if u r heading this way, its gonna be forged all in

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
still waiting the pix for dis engine block, i also havent done dis mod on the later evo sirs (new gen), a noob in this also.. what ive gathered so far, is just like what peter stated, the starter is going to interfere with the turbine, from what i heard a lil but u wudnt want info like "a lil" if the block u source out came from across the sea.. anybody with a solid proof, maybe a pix on the placement of the starter, to speed things up?
what is mean?:banghead::confused: but from wht i c on net, really got ppl done it...... but i m still confuse with 4g64 and 4g69, 4g69 from grandis and 4g64 american claim it is from galant, it is what i heard from galant forum, both 4g64 and 4g69 are 2.4L , dunno which is correct to sumbat.... like the ipoh town iklan... "so...many choices ,how to choose?:biggrin:" but i prefer choose correctly, if it is sure can be done, i will go for the torque monster, if not sure, better just overhaul my current engine :bawling::bawling: i think head gasket blown already, coolant change in condition,bit dark and unclear...:bawling:

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching

Attachments

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
it is 2.4L le..... lol ..... 4g64 for e3 is easy to source and ppl done it, for e4 onwards, so far din heard ppl here done it, only ppl oversea done it, even sifu xtreameleo also dunno

---------- Post added at 04:32 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:31 PM ----------

it has been proven tht u can rev higher a lil than pure 4g64 due to lighter short skirt stroker pistons

bro, i thinking of increase the torque , not too much focus on hp, beside, not always stay at redline, + rpm cut at 8k already.... lol ...:biggrin::driver:

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
it is 2.4L le..... lol ..... 4g64 for e3 is easy to source and ppl done it, for e4 onwards, so far din heard ppl here done it, only ppl oversea done it, even sifu xtreameleo also dunno

---------- Post added at 04:32 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:31 PM ----------

bro, i thinking of increase the torque , not too much focus on hp, beside, not always stay at redline, + rpm cut at 8k already.... lol ...:biggrin::driver:
yeah in truth if u stick with the same level of boost using then stroker setup you should be making exactly the same level of whp as before its just that u will be making this power in the earlier rpms than the latter
then again using a 64 stroker is gonna limit ur revs significantly look towards a rev cut of 7500 to be on the safe side
but anyways u probably wont be making any more power higher up than that
with the turbo spooling much faster than before and running out of breath much faster than before

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
kumar, u must stroke up and try, my fren wira with evo 3 4wd stroker 2.4L , dunno boost how much,i sit inside one time, i scream when he accelerate....the g really make u sticking on the seat

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
kumar, u must stroke up and try, my fren wira with evo 3 4wd stroker 2.4L , dunno boost how much,i sit inside one time, i scream when he accelerate....the g really make u sticking on the seat
im soo jealous it seems like all the protons in ur area are 4wd :adore:
hehehe so ur trying to replicate that feeling in ur ride i see :biggrin:
one day i shall join u as well then hopefully :rolleyes:
i wanted to stroke up with fully forged internals except crank last time but the total cost was about 10k with workmanship so i decided to abandon project and wanna focus on my current engine and try to push more whp out of it

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
not all , but quite few:driver: top secret :listen::driver: but my fren e3 engine on lantai already lor,change back stock and sell to ppl,4wd jpj endorsed...... fully built engine last time go drag get number 2 only, selling 10k +, high cam everything got, 80 % hks stuff inside...... i try to make my car better torque, but if i found out the stroker cost me more than overhaul or need to do many thing, i prefer overhaul , use better bearing, management, then i m going on with my upboost plan.... feel dun wan mess up my fuel a lot since i just discovered today, with current fuel price, my car with 95% full tank ron97, drive with rarely boost can last me 400km+ ... quite impressive fc for me...:proud:

---------- Post added at 10:05 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:40 PM ----------

sifu jin,can u clearify this to me? which mean if i put 4g64 crank to my current block, i use back my conrod and piston? or use 4g64 conrod with evo piston? u mean everything must be forged,exp: forged piston and rod?:confused:

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
not all , but quite few:driver: top secret :listen::driver: but my fren e3 engine on lantai already lor,change back stock and sell to ppl,4wd jpj endorsed...... fully built engine last time go drag get number 2 only, selling 10k +, high cam everything got, 80 % hks stuff inside...... i try to make my car better torque, but if i found out the stroker cost me more than overhaul or need to do many thing, i prefer overhaul , use better bearing, management, then i m going on with my upboost plan.... feel dun wan mess up my fuel a lot since i just discovered today, with current fuel price, my car with 95% full tank ron97, drive with rarely boost can last me 400km+ ... quite impressive fc for me...:proud:

---------- Post added at 10:05 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:40 PM ----------

sifu jin,can u clearify this to me? which mean if i put 4g64 crank to my current block, i use back my conrod and piston? or use 4g64 conrod with evo piston? u mean everything must be forged,exp: forged piston and rod?:confused:
400+km is dam chun already mine stock e3 running at stock boost aso can barely reach 400km :banghead: the cost to overhaul is 3k last time i got quoted from somebody including workmanship and everything ler
the cost of doing a stroker will definitely be more than that coz the 64 short block alone is already rm1000 and that is on the cheap side
then the labour costs will be about rm1-2k then must factor in bearings,timing belt,oil changes,valve seal,oil seal
sure comes up to more

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
i prepared 6k, but dunno overhaul better or stroke up better , since what i think is stroke up will make me "stroke" too.... cause more thing to do, beside, need to get management to tune it very well.... piston need to use 87mm , fc will increase also, ron 97 increase in price again tomorrow... lucky i already hit 200km with half tank,still another half tank ron 97 v power left....:banghead:

---------- Post added at 11:15 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:59 PM ----------

and this will be my last thing do on my car, i wan make sure it is reliable for daily drive and yet powerful(280-300whp is my target)for several years before i get my self a real evo..... plan to get evo 3,4,or 5... seing the price is inside my budget, feel regret putting too much on current car, can buy evo already:stupid:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello dudes,

Can anyone tell me how to check is the pillow ball mounts is faulty.
and how much is it for satria 1.6?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience