evo 4 convert evo 5 body part problem

radicaliez

Known Member
guys,
i aready convert my evo 4 body part to evo 5 body part
my problem is:
after put 1 inch wheel spacer at rear wheel, the tyre is rubbing at the fender of the evo 4 frame. i already made the absorber higher but still when back passanger in, the tyre still rubbing to the frame.

how do you counter the problem

radicaliez,
welcome to mloc!!
what i did was change to much higher absorbers...hehe... but what else you can do is you might need to trim off the body fender to escape the rubbing... or change to smaller rims..hehe.. its quite a common lancer converting thing... must see to trouble shoot the problem... just come and join us for a tt!!!

some time very frustating, coz every time the car attck corners, the rubbed like hell,
just like rubbing a knife to the heart....hehehehe

how about the trimming the fender? how the original evo 5 or 6 get away with the problem...

radicaliez,
i know how u feel man... had the same problem with my previous car b4... then i step down to a 16inch rims... then no more rubbing..hehe.. i didnt trim coz i felt 'sayang' to cut ..hehe... also limiting people sitting at the back..hehehe... then i later converted the whole car to e6.. then no more rubbing problem..hehe..
but still... what i say here is not what you should follow lah... the fully convert or originals get away with it coz the lower arm(knuckle length) is made perfectly escaping the fender... thus the e5 and e6 back fender trim is higher the the lancer coz its made to fit in the fender (wider) skirt.. where else lancer's are lower coz they dont have the skirt... but pls do keep an eye on your tire as well due to its rubbing.. might cut in your tire as well... few things must see also lah.. your tire offset...rim offset... your bodykit is fiber or ori?... the suspension that you are using and etc... as we go along...hehehe...

Mine one also having a same problem, keep rubbing during cornering...Thinking of
downgrd from 17 to 16.

i set of rear tyres chipped, i dont want to repeat the incident again,
well,
to down grade 17 to 16 inch wheel might be good idea,
what tyre size max can go without rubbing the fender?

i still got my evo 4 rim and tyres, size of 205/50

you can try 205/45... hhmmm but a 225/45 looks good..but duno whether it will rub or not..hehe

Hmm. Whats the estimate for a full conversion from 4 to 6 aaa? I've been playing with that thought for a long time.

But damn sayang the original 4 look. quite rare these days.

trim off the inner fender if u want to use wider tyres.

wat width rim u using now?using 16 on 5 bodykit l00ks weird.even 17 on my car the rims look small

lan evo said:
trim off the inner fender if u want to use wider tyres.

wat width rim u using now?using 16 on 5 bodykit l00ks weird.even 17 on my car the rims look small

yeelaa, 16 inch in evo5 very weird, last time i try using stiff cusco absorber, it escape by made it very stiff and higher, but the car like floating, you loose the handling.
hehehe..no point using evo if the handling like hell..

any one trim the fender? trim it like cutting it or just knock it?

leslie said:
bb1-man,
long time never hear from you!

Hallo leslie!

So sorry mann I ffk a lot of the gatherings. I've been getting the messages but still not lucky enuff to find free time. Let's do on in aman suria very near! I always notice that E7 with MLOC sticker at aman suria....

BB1-man..

yeah la..always FFK ah...LoL. What color u always see in Aman SUria ? We got lots of e7 lar with mloc sticker. Blue, silver, red, yellow, white, black....hehe.

b18cR,

I always see the red and yellow. There's also a white one i notice that got the spoiler removed. One of MLOC oso?

bb1-man,
haha... the white one dat has the spoiler removed is a mloc member... waiting for his GT Wing!! hehe...
come and join us this sunday at sepang lah... we go there to look see only!!! enjoy taking picture of cool rides and hopefully full of chicks also lah!! hahahaha