heefmy

1,000 RPM
Nov 24, 2004
cheras
i driving mivec. the engine hybrid to 1.8 mivec

my engine modify:
mmc 0.8mm metal gasket(new)
open pod filter

i had skim the head for 3 times still cant fix or eliminate the engine oil go water tank.

i always high rev until 8k+ for the 1st and 2nd time skim head after that 3 time of skim head i seldom high rev, just fine tuned the emanage onli.

beside my exhaust is connect to y after flexible. 1 for original piping, 1 for racing purpose(after flexible is the end of the exhaust,control by valve) 2.5inch from front to rear, 1 mid bullet, original perdana v6 box.original route.

until now i still cant fix my problem ahh....!!! pls help me !!!

my other mech said if i change back to original paper gasket will more suitable ahh.....i dont know how!

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
the only way oil is gonna get inside ur radiator is through ur water line, and dats through ur metal gsket. metal gasket doesnt seal as good as std gasket, so maybe dats ur biggest problem. the thing i can t understand is, y did u go and skimmed ur engine head 3 times, but dats a nono in a high compression engine such as the poweful mivec.

heefmy

1,000 RPM
Nov 24, 2004
cheras
my machanic said if the water go through gasket sure got some area not equally flat so must skim lo...ya everytime skim will make the engine more high compression.

extremeleo- r u sure the original gasket more durable and long lasting for any engine???

i think i better change back to original gasket lo ......really problematic la

if i change back to original the compression will be less and cant go high rev always lo.....i still wan to race 1 le........

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
if u still wanna race, then durability is one of the thing u shud highly consider AND having extra high compression isnt one of the correct equation. imo, head gasket is sumthing like a fuse, it shud make way if sumthing bad wudve happen in the combustion chamber ie extreme heat, and sit shud make way by relieving dat extra heat / pressure through it. and paper / fiber seal better then metal, not more durable, dats fundamental.. if i were u, i'd search for another MIVEC head and do the correct thing from there, since ur current engine head had alredi been skimmed too many times. try changing to std gasket after dat, and give ur feedback here :)
good luck ya..

minikar

Known Member
Jun 24, 2005
Cyberjaya
The higher the compression and powerful your car is a wrong concept - when compression too high ur engine losing the upper end, reaching higher rev feel like 'hiting a wall'.

I suspect the head already warped from ur tortures and 'extra ordinary compression... get your compression ratio checked. Is there any sign of your plug melting?

heefmy

1,000 RPM
Nov 24, 2004
cheras
i think my mechanic dont have the pressure test thingie la.....but my power band drop from 7.2k like that from the dyno chart, rev cut at 8.2k.

now i plan to chage back to ori gasket, if still cant, sell car, buy another car lo ......

but need to save some money first to change back la.....student lagi ma.

minikar

Known Member
Jun 24, 2005
Cyberjaya
Either the head is over-compressed or warped.
A warped head is 'soft' in engineering term or termodynamicly.

Slipknot Fanatic

Known Member
Jul 3, 2005
HELL
heefmy said:
i think my mechanic dont have the pressure test thingie la.....but my power band drop from 7.2k like that from the dyno chart, rev cut at 8.2k.

now i plan to chage back to ori gasket, if still cant, sell car, buy another car lo ......

but need to save some money first to change back la.....student lagi ma.
Try to find out how much is it to get a cylinder head with original gasket. If you are not happy with the performance after the repairs then only should you consider selling off your car.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

One of the hardest decisions when picking a new car is choosing the right color but the day when cars will be available in multiple colors could be here sooner than you think. Scientists have developed a new coating called ‘paramagnetic’ paint that has the ability to change colors at the touch of a button. One carmaker looking into the technology is Nissan, which has already developed a self-healing paint...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience