Engine oil and petrol brand (most controversial topic lol)

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Oh first time heard someone praising Pennzoil haha usually I heard people say it uses bad base oil. Anyway what's your interval change, because I don't drive far and my interval change is 1 year once lol
Pennzoil belongs to Shell, probably base oil is shell, then shell oil also not good....lol

Mine is 5K or 6 months OCI...

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I'd imagine so too considering you just bought a carton worth. :biggrin:

Yeah, I agree man. Budget is everything. Forcing someone to buy an oil they can't afford is pointless.

Out of curiosity - say I use mineral oils and OCI every 2k-3k KM, would that be the same as me using fully synthetic OCI 10k KM? I mean detergents, lubrication and wear and tear only. Heat exchange would be significantly different I'd expect.

VR2Turbo : Do HDEO have the right additives to be used on high heat type engines?
Still not the same because the properties will be different. Mineral oils cannot reach as high viscosity index, flash points, and other characteristics of full synth oils, so if say you use mineral oils on high performance engines and rev it to the max even before reaching 2-3k km the properties of the oil should already get significantly deteriorated I'd think. Maybe if you just use normal cars and drive normal then would not be as bad.

Eh bro, you worked in an oil company, you should know better than me la!

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Still not the same because the properties will be different. Mineral oils cannot reach as high viscosity index, flash points, and other characteristics of full synth oils, so if say you use mineral oils on high performance engines and rev it to the max even before reaching 2-3k km the properties of the oil should already get significantly deteriorated I'd think. Maybe if you just use normal cars and drive normal then would not be as bad.

He not into technical aspect of the oil mah! He IT sifu......:driver:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
What is hdeo, share abit le
Heavy Duty Engine Oil (HDEO) is more to reference diesel engine oil.
But there are those that are strictly for diesel engine with C rating only and there are those usable for both diesel and petrol with C and S rating....:driver:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Still he is a car guy who worked on an well known oil company, I'd think he would know more than typical guy like me la.
Well, all depends whether the person into it or not. Like me, professional working was in Logistics, but hobbies were cars, tyres, oil and detailing....:driver:

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Wow what car you drive? Using 60.. I used 40 I already feel very heavy haha.

BTW 4g15.. Missed that engine rip evo line. I feel very bad for people who bought lancer 10 in Malaysia. Everyone will just assume it's a inspira
Driving perdanalution.. Evo3 engine perdana.. :driver:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL

But that's what I'm saying - if you're just a normal driver driving a normal car would it make any difference?

Or even in the case of a turbo car - say I opt for semi but OCI it every 2k km... how is that compared to a FS and OCI it every 7k km? Not track use or anything excessive. Just daily driving.

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
4g63 ? Theres many variant for malaysia style of evo ma.. :confused::confused:
Some people even consider 4g13 or 4g15 to be a "evo" engine. People tend to confuse between lancer and an evolution
4g63 of course in his perdana.:driver:

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Haha I feel like its very heavy eh, why you using 60. What engine your perdana using
4g63t evo3, doesnt feel heavy,liqui moly race tech gt1 10w-60, been using for 3 cycle already. not disappointing and no missing oil after hard drive. Now saw petronas race oil 10w-60 full syn..not sure the price but keen to try, better if less than current EO..hahaha :rofl:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I've 1 HKS 3037 turbo need repair, the bearing come out oredi.. any workshop is the most recommanded or anyone here can pm me if u're doing repair turbo service..
roughly how much if repair this kind of ball bearing turbo?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience