Engine Conversion

supafly555

Jun 19, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hi All, :itsme:

I have been out of the car modifying department for quite a while now.

I was just wondering what is the cost of a conversion these days. Just the labor cost not including engine and etc.

Typical example would be a B13/B14 Sentra to fit a SR16 OR SR20ve/det. I understand this is a 90% straight swap.

Hope you guys could advice. Recommendations welcome if any.

Regards,
S :wavey:

2,000 RPM
Feb 10, 2005
you can try contact ksr speed at seksyen 26 shah alam

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Hard to put a number for the labour. depends on the halfcut engine condition. and your luck.

If everything good, labour is just plonking in engine. Somehow if the halfcut engine inherited problems, such as worn seals, missing wiring, electrics, worn bearing, coolant leaking, etc (that is hard to detect when buying it), the labour would cost more than usual.

One can never know if the halfcut is a lemon or not until dropping it in to the engine bay.

Even after the engine is in, some interval visit to workshop is needed to sort out some small issues. those would be hidden cost.
JPJ checking, endorsement, runner etc oso need money.

Just budget about 2k to 3k, to be safe for labour. I hope this isnt sounding like a discouragement. For me, changing another engine is the last resort. I would overhaul the ori engine whenever I can.

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah
I just did engine conversion 2-3 months ago. Here's a checklist of compulsory things that you must do in order to avoid problems later on.
1. Replace timing belt
2. Change engine oil
3. Change gear oil (manual gear oil or ATF for auto gearbox).
4. Change power steering oil
5. Flush the braking system
6. Flush engine coolant

These items are optional, but it's highly recommended because sooner or later you have to change them as well. It's more convenient to do them while the engine is out of the car.
1. Replace timing belt tensioner
2. Replace water pump

Check these items too for wear and tear, replace if necessary.
1. Brake pads and discs
2. Engine mounting
3. Shock absorbers
4. Suspension bushes

supafly555

Jun 19, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I just did engine conversion 2-3 months ago. Here's a checklist of compulsory things that you must do in order to avoid problems later on.
1. Replace timing belt
2. Change engine oil
3. Change gear oil (manual gear oil or ATF for auto gearbox).
4. Change power steering oil
5. Flush the braking system
6. Flush engine coolant

These items are optional, but it's highly recommended because sooner or later you have to change them as well. It's more convenient to do them while the engine is out of the car.
1. Replace timing belt tensioner
2. Replace water pump

Check these items too for wear and tear, replace if necessary.
1. Brake pads and discs
2. Engine mounting
3. Shock absorbers
4. Suspension bushes
alright bro, you forgot to add :

1. CP pistons and Eagle Rods
2. GT2871 A/R 0.86 OR GT3076 A/R1.06 Twin Scroll External wasgated on equal length ramhorn manifold.
3. LSD gearbox + Clutchmasters 6puck
4. FMIC + piping
5. Nistune
6. Uprated fuel pump with 600cc injectors

6. Nissans dont use belts, its timing chain. But yes, old waterpump is a NOGO.

Haha, im being cheeky. I fix my cars myself, but yes, I have to thank you for your info. Esp flushing the powersteering ATF and brakefluids. I forgot to add that in my list.

What were you quoted for your basic conversion? just old engine out new engine in?

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
Now market is quoted RM1500 for the labour cost.
JPJ runner is charged RM500.