Do not tint Llumar before you read this. My real experience with Llumar Tine Auto

sirhoe

Aug 3, 2006
Hi forumers, I am writing to share my disappointing experience as a Llumar car tint consumer. What I wrote here are my first hand experience. Please use them to decide if this product is worth your money.

I tinted my car in 2011 in Penang with Llumar worth 2.3k and part of the tint has problem. As a result, I called Llumar Malaysia HQ in KL, Tint Auto, to arrange for warranty claim. The reason I called HQ instead of going back to the original shop in Penang is because that shop has closed down. I am counting on the HQ to made an arrangement for the claim.

Long story short, Mr Stivan attended to me on 04-June and asked me to come from PG to KL which I declined. I want to do it in PG, in the other Llumar shops. He promised to make arrangement and I sent him all the document and details. I waited for 3 weeks. Until today, they have not call or email me. Instead, I have to constantly email and call him to which he just ask me to wait for arrangement.

This is supposedly a premium film with 10 years warranty but their after sales service leave a bad taste in my mouth. I strongly encourage every one to take your money elsewhere, to any other brand that know what good service is.

I will be writing to newspaper, consumer association and the small claim tribunal soon.

p3jal

1,000 RPM
Jan 20, 2007
Selangor
PITY u.i baru wanna do tinted llumar for my car.after read this i cancel.huhu.poor after sales service.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Hi forumers, I am writing to share my disappointing experience as a Llumar car tint consumer. What I wrote here are my first hand experience. Please use them to decide if this product is worth your money.

I tinted my car in 2011 in Penang with Llumar worth 2.3k and part of the tint has problem. As a result, I called Llumar Malaysia HQ in KL, Tint Auto, to arrange for warranty claim. The reason I called HQ instead of going back to the original shop in Penang is because that shop has closed down. I am counting on the HQ to made an arrangement for the claim.

Long story short, Mr Stivan attended to me on 04-June and asked me to come from PG to KL which I declined. I want to do it in PG, in the other Llumar shops. He promised to make arrangement and I sent him all the document and details. I waited for 3 weeks. Until today, they have not call or email me. Instead, I have to constantly email and call him to which he just ask me to wait for arrangement.

This is supposedly a premium film with 10 years warranty but their after sales service leave a bad taste in my mouth. I strongly encourage every one to take your money elsewhere, to any other brand that know what good service is.

I will be writing to newspaper, consumer association and the small claim tribunal soon.
Tribunal....hmm...I'm smelling someone is coming in :rolleyes:

But sorry to hear about that bro, I thought Llumar is a good and a very long known brand.
Didn't expect that shop to close down and yet the after sales service is that slow to attend
to complaints or problems that customer facing.

Was about to think of this brand actually. Will think twice for now. Thanks for sharing.

Hope you can get it settle and keep us updated. :adore:

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
Leona's 180sx was sponsored by Llumar once.... and her windows got shattered by petty thieves and lost all her stuff... *just sayin'*

xbalance2002

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
bro 1 suggestion do you document down all your complain? if yes good job.
take this to legal action request a lawyer assistant and all this cost will be bare by the installer or brand agent.

Dont waste time in any news paper or consumer association and the small claim tribunal soon this just waste time and money running here and there just to get 2k back

sirhoe

Aug 3, 2006
oh, 2k not worth going to lawyers etc as they are not that cheap. My best bet is Penang Consumer Association and the small claim tribunal. I have done this a few times, they are very efficient.

xbalance2002

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
bro think and do out side the circle this charges to transfer to seller. you need not to pay $0.00 to any one or else your lawyer is blood sucker.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
oh, 2k not worth going to lawyers etc as they are not that cheap. My best bet is Penang Consumer Association and the small claim tribunal. I have done this a few times, they are very efficient.
Wah! you have done a few times already, means you have got in many warranty claims before?
Yup, I think tribunal claim is efficient nowadays.
Our local tribunal sifu should be lurking somewhere around....:driver:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Nowaday, many tint shop, of various tint brand dare to give 3, 5 years warranty. of course, consumer would be attracted to such deal, right?

However, this is a new business strategy in many tint shops in Malaysia, that are "expected" to close down after making enough profit within 1-2 years. Once the business closed, and if there were problem with tint in any cars......the business will not be answerable to any claims...because the business folded.
Much profit oredi made by business men, but leaving consumers high and dry.

This is a real incident revealed by my fren that partnered in a car tint business.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Nowaday, many tint shop, of various tint brand dare to give 3, 5 years warranty. of course, consumer would be attracted to such deal, right?

However, this is a new business strategy in many tint shops in Malaysia, that are "expected" to close down after making enough profit within 1-2 years. Once the business closed, and if there were problem with tint in any cars......the business will not be answerable to any claims...because the business folded.
Much profit oredi made by business men, but leaving consumers high and dry.

This is a real incident revealed by my fren that partnered in a car tint business.
Tint giving 5 years warranty is not new. My old tint of 8 years ago also gave 5 years warranty, and I change it after 8 years because it started to change color slightly, but then already 8 years.
Again, depends on what tint was fitted. Branded tint is warrantied by the importer, distributor and/or brand owners themselves, therefore even though the shop that transacted the deal have closed down the warranty have to be fulfilled by the distributor/owner.
I think TS is having problems with the distributor, therefore he has to take the case up with tribunal if distributor do not owned up. It is our right as consumer to do this, if not then what is the warranty for? Of course we have to see whether all terms and conditions are met and up to tribunal to decide if the case goes there.....:driver:
That is why also never go for cheap unbranded tint.....

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
dun worry bro. u just text him saying that u will be sending over the tribunal documents to him shortly if he does not want to respond to u within 2-3 working days. if he doesnt dun worry as long as u have all the reciepts i can guarantee u will win.

driftkingII

2,000 RPM
Mar 2, 2005
Bandar Utama
Visit site
aiyaaa i also planning to put LLumar bcoz of security purposes as u know Crime rate so ***king high...

especially the ara damansara part... n hell yes i always use that road

anyway n thanx also plz keep us updated !!

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
aiyaaa i also planning to put LLumar bcoz of security purposes as u know Crime rate so ***king high...

especially the ara damansara part... n hell yes i always use that road

anyway n thanx also plz keep us updated !!
Putting a 8mil is at least the minimum to deter thieves :rofl:
Seen videos of snatch thieves whacking the tinted mirror a few times then cracked.

And some of their advertisments makes it seems like so damn tough. Hit with baseball
bat or helmet also wont pecah.

The next time if installing tints if they said it won't break. Get them to demo it after
tinting our cars, if it breaks, worse come to worse replace a new window for me
and a refund for all tints installed. T&C before tinting and payment made though :rolf:

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Putting a 8mil is at least the minimum to deter thieves :rofl:
Seen videos of snatch thieves whacking the tinted mirror a few times then cracked.

And some of their advertisments makes it seems like so damn tough. Hit with baseball
bat or helmet also wont pecah.

The next time if installing tints if they said it won't break. Get them to demo it after
tinting our cars, if it breaks, worse come to worse replace a new window for me
and a refund for all tints installed. T&C before tinting and payment made though :rolf:
It will break...but depends on the force and pressure exerted on the glass. If they use sharp objects like a pointy hammer then it confirm will break. Baseball and helmet are blunt so the force is distributed. Marketing mahhh :thefinger:

Unless you replace the windows with high density acrylic. Bullet proof :biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
It will break...but depends on the force and pressure exerted on the glass. If they use sharp objects like a pointy hammer then it confirm will break. Baseball and helmet are blunt so the force is distributed. Marketing mahhh :thefinger:

Unless you replace the windows with high density acrylic. Bullet proof :biggrin:
Change to hard plastic :rofl: or install a fence on all windows. :rofl:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys... any1 know where to get transparent rod for makin angel eye ???
:shades_smile:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience