-=DIY reverse camera=-

edmunz85

1,000 RPM
May 4, 2006
OK i'm very tempted into doin a DIY which is installin a reverse camera in my satria GSR...i know there are kits in da market but wats da fun....it all started s i drive my dad's harrier once in a while n find the reverse camera very usefull n nice....so y not install it in our protons......my basic understanding is.....

- connect the camera's video cable2the screen in font n the power for both camera n screen is connected2da reverse light......so when u engage reverse gear....da screen on....

dunno if this theory is correct but any1who knows better plz explain2me...

Chal735

Oct 1, 2008
Bro,if im not mistaken,for reverse camera have 3 wire,2 for power supply anD 1 cable for connect to ur tv player,u can connect 2 wire from camera to wire ur reverse lite,but be carefull...
But now i hav problem,for revrse camere there will be a yellow cable,before this i try already to connect my reverse camera to cable camera tv player.nothing appear at all at the screen at all channel. so i hav to connect to AV wire.Now i cannot play any movie in my car.so somebody can u help me~!?

renxun

1,000 RPM
Jul 4, 2006
cannot la connect terus to your reverse light... you can use your reverse sensor switch as your activation switch... and it should be connected via a relay to your screen.

Chal735

Oct 1, 2008
cannot la connect terus to your reverse light... you can use your reverse sensor switch as your activation switch... and it should be connected via a relay to your screen.
ok bro tx...i try to chge the wiring system..

donCityZ

2,000 RPM
Feb 8, 2006
yup.. dont connect direct to reverse light power. ur reverse light has a fuse rated to its usage.
if u connect to tv/camera, the extra current could shorten the life of ur fuse.

hook it up as a switching line only.. then use a relay to supply the power direct from battery line after a self-installed fuse. thats the best way. :idea:

Altec90

Mar 17, 2009
very easy. go buy a Dome(CCTV), around Rm80~180(Better one), wiring go get BNC cable and CCTV plug, but a converter, and then plug to your player that has lcd screen with, then Video in. It's on.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

VEILSIDE for 350Z Community

Hi everyone,

We are glad to inform all of you that we are in the midst of bringing Veilside into Malaysia in the next couple of months. We are planning to have our Veilside soft launch products once we enter the Malaysian market.

As you all know that Veilside is the leading exclusive automotive product especially in body parts for aerodynamic and aesthetic enhancement of the vehicle.Veilside products have been featured in movies such as The Fast and...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience