DIY Replace all interior bulbs to LED (Satria 1.3)

jeyadev

Known Member
Mar 7, 2006
Hi guys & gals.

I need some help.

I have a 1996 Satria 1.3, and I'm planning to replace all the bulbs with LED, so I never have to worry about new bulbs, and because the yellow bulb light makes my car look old :)

So far, I've replaced the interior dome light & headlight (small bulb) with LED.

I need help to find out what bulbs & number of bulbs for the aircond controls & speedometer bulbs.
I know some are T5 and some are T10... just that I don't know how many for each.

EDIT : found this thread... reading thru now :)
http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/do-it-yourself-garage/610-meter-light-2.html

Last edited:

frank118

Known Member
Feb 7, 2009
HI Jeya,

I think its pretty tough to get all the LED bulbs with compatible holders (connection). I tried looking and most of them are so damn exspensive. Alternatively, I suggest u drop by down to pudu area and get LED strips and just wire them.

Its cheaper and you could customize in any color you desire. Abit more work but I think worth it until they get cheaper in the market.

Bump: I am in the midst of working on changing the backlights of the dashboard with changeble colored LEDS and hooking it up to a switch...let you guys know if it works well.

Its easy to hook up but not so to make light up nicely at nights and positioning is a damn pain...

Bump: I am in the midst of working on changing the backlights of the dashboard with changeble colored LEDS and hooking it up to a switch...let you guys know if it works well.

Its easy to hook up but not so to make light up nicely at nights and positioning is a damn pain...

jeyadev

Known Member
Mar 7, 2006
I see... how about replacing all the bulbs to amber colour (like the 1997 Satria) ?

bugbear1986

Known Member
Apr 22, 2006
hey.. i tot d meter panel for wira is non-t10 type d..
correct me if im wrong..
only iswara can change to led nia.. bcoz theirs t10 type..

jeyadev

Known Member
Mar 7, 2006
i know a guy who sells t5 and t10 LED... just need to know the number of LEDs to buy...

idnawse

Known Member
Aug 18, 2005
perak
wira meter also t10 type.. 4pcs and 1pc dunno what type ... if u plan to chang bulb to LED type .. make sure that LED not the common (like other put inside headlamp and fender). better find the LED t10 type with the super bright led (dunno the exact name).. if not.. the illumination only at the socket hole area .

hAz

Known Member
Feb 17, 2007
wira meter also t10 type.. 4pcs and 1pc dunno what type ... if u plan to chang bulb to LED type .. make sure that LED not the common (like other put inside headlamp and fender). better find the LED t10 type with the super bright led (dunno the exact name).. if not.. the illumination only at the socket hole area .
yup tru..
find the super bright led thingy..
if not, might not be satisfied with the light from a normal led

btw, i did mine, mitsu dash...
i changed 3 T10, 2 T5 LEDs

jeyadev

Known Member
Mar 7, 2006
seriously... can anyone help pls...
its a 1996 Satria, with the numberplate in the bumper, looks like this >
http://carlifenet.hp.infoseek.co.jp/ca4a/ca4a2.jpeg

I just need to know how many bulbs to buy. I've asked the accessory shops, they keep saying dunno, need to open up to see, and I think they're trying to get some payment for the labour.

scrapped the LED strip idea... cos dun wanna re-wire the sockets...

if anyone knows where to get amber (not clear) bulbs... also OK... I'm trying to get the slightly orange colour...

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The condition of the car wasn't too bad, it had your daily dirt and grime, paint was also heavily waterspotted and lacked depth and clarity. Lots of Random Deep Isolated Scratches (RIDS) as well. First job was to clean the wheels, or hubcaps in this case, tyres and wheel wells. Tyres were scrubbed twice with Osren Multi Clean(diluted 1:1), hubcaps and wheel wells cleaned with Osren Degreaser FX(diluted 2:1)...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience