[DIY] Oil catch tank

nassershah

Oct 31, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Hmm.. it shouldn't have done that. Unless the fuel filter is too 'compact' to allow air flow to move? Perhaps you could try using a proper OCT instead?
Thank you Sir..I'm actually using a proper OCT.., the fuel filter were only for testing purpose and both failed the test..lol..guess there's no way to install it on a kancil... as a matter of fact I don't recall any of the kancil owners' i've read about had actually admit or even claimed they had succeed/successfully installed it.
Thanks again Sir.

Caarzee

Aug 27, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Hi

DIY'd my own oil catch can. The iswara paper fuel filter didn't work for me. After much researched, decided to go with Saiko Michi Oil Catch with Internal Baffle Design.

I used:
1) Gillette Can (recycled)
2) 1/4" barbed adaptor (RM 7)
3) Epoxy to keep and seal the side valves (RM 11)
4) Copper tubing that runs from the top inlet to the middle (RM 1)
5) Stainless steel mesh (RM 3)
6) 3/4 male-male connector and pvc cap (RM 1)

Here's a few pictures, I'm sure you get the idea.

Consideration:
1) It is best to get a can with a wider diameter
2) If you're running a turbo, get a bigger can.

Thanks.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Hi

DIY'd my own oil catch can. The iswara paper fuel filter didn't work for me. After much researched, decided to go with Saiko Michi Oil Catch with Internal Baffle Design.

I used:

Consideration:

Thanks.
Wow.. now THIS is what I call a true and through DIY! Nicely done dude!

---------- Post added at 11:18 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:18 PM ----------

Is kenari got pcv valve?
Got la.

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
wow.. this is getting too advance for me

cabut :vroam:

nassershah

Oct 31, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Hi

I used:

Consideration:

Thanks.
Hi Caarzee.., really great diy.. that's exactly what i did to my oct..except i put mine wt those nylon ball for body scrub(gosok badan thingy) after opening wt those helen key screws.. and yes.,my oct is bigger and aluminium made..but still can't be install onto a kancil..I have decided to sell mine for rm40 which comes together wt and xtra of two valves(brass) for smaller hose.., shop are selling at rm55 if include installation rm70-Brand D1 SPEC...interested..can pm or email me.. Self collect at Cheras Ampang area. My thanks and appreciation to all the sifus who had help, assists and guided me all this while. Thank you.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
dear izso. quick question. the hose is 9mm or 15mm? cause the ones like cusco comes in 9mm/15mm choices.

jy_1990

Feb 24, 2009
Hello izso,

1stly tq for the interesting idea. :)

i've tried it on my friend's wira 4g15 (stock except open pod filter), after doing it, when he starts his car, idling was very high at 3k rpm for a while before dropping to 1k+ rpm which is still high... can i know what is the problem?

what i did was connect the valve in the middle of the rocker cover to the fuel filter, then connect it back to before throttle body... anything else is untouched...

and for the fuel filter, the hole on top with the arrow is inlet or outlet?

Thank you in advance!

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Hello izso,

1stly tq for the interesting idea. :)

i've tried it on my friend's wira 4g15 (stock except open pod filter), after doing it, when he starts his car, idling was very high at 3k rpm for a while before dropping to 1k+ rpm which is still high... can i know what is the problem?

what i did was connect the valve in the middle of the rocker cover to the fuel filter, then connect it back to before throttle body... anything else is untouched...

and for the fuel filter, the hole on top with the arrow is inlet or outlet?

Thank you in advance!
Hi bro, thanks for reading my posts!

Is your friends wira a VDO? MMC? Carburetor? Can you take pics of how you did the install? If you connected from the middle of the rocker cover and connect back to the intake, I think you didn't install properly. My rocker cover outlet is connected to a mini open pod, venting to atmosphere. The intake portion is sealed off. The filter I installed is on the other side, erm... I think there's a photo in one of the earlier posts of my 4G15 with this OCT.

jy_1990

Feb 24, 2009
Hi bro, thanks for reading my posts!

Is your friends wira a VDO? MMC? Carburetor? Can you take pics of how you did the install? If you connected from the middle of the rocker cover and connect back to the intake, I think you didn't install properly. My rocker cover outlet is connected to a mini open pod, venting to atmosphere. The intake portion is sealed off. The filter I installed is on the other side, erm... I think there's a photo in one of the earlier posts of my 4G15 with this OCT.
wira se 2008 if i'm not wrong..

yeah i saw the one u connect is on the right side of the rocker cover, however i tried it with a cotton bud and there's no oil stain, initially i taught that's the wrong one.. so the one in the middle is the breather, and the one on the side is the pcv?

Now, he followed the configuration as your pictures, except having the mini open pod, works well for now. :)

One more thing, for the iswara fuel filter, top hole and bottom hole, which 1 is the inlet and which 1 is the outlet?

Thank you again! :adore:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
wira se 2008 if i'm not wrong..

yeah i saw the one u connect is on the right side of the rocker cover, however i tried it with a cotton bud and there's no oil stain, initially i taught that's the wrong one.. so the one in the middle is the breather, and the one on the side is the pcv?

Now, he followed the configuration as your pictures, except having the mini open pod, works well for now. :)

One more thing, for the iswara fuel filter, top hole and bottom hole, which 1 is the inlet and which 1 is the outlet?

Thank you again! :adore:
Fuel filter I use the bottom as the outlet, but it doesn't really matter because it's a two way filter. It's not flow controlled.

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
The filtered oil from the gillette oil catch, about 1.5mths worth or approx 2,500km of mileage :)
wow.. that's a lot of oil..

i think u should do top overhaul, grind valve, etc

:biggrin:

Caarzee

Aug 27, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Hi D7zul,

Thanks for the heads up. I don't have white smoke coming from the exhaust though.

Curious to understand more.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I was privileged to be invited to join the convoy from Sg. Buluh R&R to the Esplanade on the Penang Island. 11.11.11 is a very rare occurrence that happens once in 100 years. So the Nissan Fairlady Z guys decided to have a drive towards the beautiful island and meet up with other members of the JDM Club owners in Penang...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience