DIY Honda ECU Repairs- P30 P08 P27

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
Invicta...
The caps all changed?
Your caps have surely leak and have cause oxidation to areas around it.
So need to remove the caps and clean up properly and check the circuit again.
When all area are clean then only solder back the caps.

I add a picture circling a component that maybe effected also.
So clean up and try again.

Tq

Attachments

invicta

500 RPM
Mar 30, 2006
Hi mr.tan.

Thanks for inspect my picture and million appreciate for advise. hmm.. for sure there is a new set of cap.. for your info, there is 3rd time i change all the cap.. heheh

last night, i clean all the leak detail..and the transistor u circle, i just replaced.
try some more.. bravoo.. the eng can start, but it throw a check light no 21 or 11.. i cannot sure since i test it on my car, b16 with p30 previously..

is that p27 non vtec give that error if swap into b16?

thanks for reply..

Invicta...
The caps all changed?
Your caps have surely leak and have cause oxidation to areas around it.
So need to remove the caps and clean up properly and check the circuit again.
When all area are clean then only solder back the caps.

I add a picture circling a component that maybe effected also.
So clean up and try again.

Tq

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
I tried p27 with 16a before... Yes it will show
error code in certain cars but I nvr check the code.
Anyway ur p27 is alive now so best is test in da actual
car.... Good job!

invicta

500 RPM
Mar 30, 2006
heheh.. alive because of u sifu.. hehehe..
by the way, i think need to test in da actualy eng.. as u said.. hehe.

hmm.. one more thing sifu.. is that any replacement in the market for ic start with no m5565 and ta8903? hav u changed it before?

I tried p27 with 16a before... Yes it will show
error code in certain cars but I nvr check the code.
Anyway ur p27 is alive now so best is test in da actual
car.... Good job!

iceman401

Known Member
Feb 14, 2006
Iceman.... which ecu you hv.. P27?
bro it's a P28.. might it be the ic12?
another problem is the check engine light is on. it threw out Code 14 Idle air control valve or bad ECM. tested the iacv is good as i can hear the click sound.

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
bro it's a P28.. might it be the ic12?
another problem is the check engine light is on. it threw out Code 14 Idle air control valve or bad ECM. tested the iacv is good as i can hear the click sound.
Oh ic... P28 is lose to P27 except it supports vtec...
Code 14, but does your idling goes up and down?

---------- Post added at 05:33 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:30 AM ----------

heheh.. alive because of u sifu.. hehehe..
by the way, i think need to test in da actualy eng.. as u said.. hehe.

hmm.. one more thing sifu.. is that any replacement in the market for ic start with no m5565 and ta8903? hav u changed it before?
No. Yes I have changed before but got it form scrap ECU.
The TA8903 by toshiba, i still trying to get it since many P27 starting to need it....
Rgds,

iceman401

Known Member
Feb 14, 2006

---------- Post added at 05:33 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:30 AM ----------

yeah P28 for my sohc vtec engine running chip. sometimes it goes up and down. sometimes it goes way down till the engine die off esp when the engine is hot. during cold start the engine idle steadily. but when the engine warm up, the rpm drops and the engine die. i suspect tat the solenoid below the throttle body shut off the air entry when the water heats up which will only depend on the iacv to provide the air during idling which causing the engine to die off because of insufficient air. tat's my assumptions. what do u think?

invicta

500 RPM
Mar 30, 2006
hmm.. hard to get arr. aiyohh.. i think that is ancient ic using by honda that time.. hahahaha
so, do you hav try to find a match inside ECG master replacement guide? i heard about last time, about since 2000, study time. there is a very thick book like phone address book, made by philip..

No. Yes I have changed before but got it form scrap ECU.
The TA8903 by toshiba, i still trying to get it since many P27 starting to need it....
Rgds,

Aug 24, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
Hi guys, newb here. Thanks for the great thread, helped me a lot. Had no start, CEL stayed off. No fuel pressure, fuel pump and its relay OK, so ECU was the problem. Was about to spend $200 on junk ECU, but after reading your thread decided to go diy. On opening the ECU, 2 of 3 electrolytes were shot. 1 was spreadind black goo around, luckily with no consequences. The second had burn through hole in pcb right under it. Because there was a copper trace under that cap, the trace was gone. Scooped out carbonized plastic, restored the trace, and replaced the caps. Problem solved.

BTW, electrolytes are better replaced with tantalums. These have no liquid in them and do not deteriorate with time and temperature. This is what I replaced my electrolytes with.

ace17

Known Member
Sep 12, 2008
Hi guys, newb here. Thanks for the great thread, helped me a lot. Had no start, CEL stayed off. No fuel pressure, fuel pump and its relay OK, so ECU was the problem. Was about to spend $200 on junk ECU, but after reading your thread decided to go diy. On opening the ECU, 2 of 3 electrolytes were shot. 1 was spreadind black goo around, luckily with no consequences. The second had burn through hole in pcb right under it. Because there was a copper trace under that cap, the trace was gone. Scooped out carbonized plastic, restored the trace, and replaced the caps. Problem solved.

BTW, electrolytes are better replaced with tantalums. These have no liquid in them and do not deteriorate with time and temperature. This is what I replaced my electrolytes with.
Where could I purchase these tantalums?

bigtroble

Sep 19, 2010
psl, fl
well hello all
how about this

code 15 on p30 ecu
changed h1c1, qm3, all caps except c36-47uF10v
no start
1550-1503 board
243 oki
203 and 240 bin
please help

---------- Post added at 09:48 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:35 AM ----------

Nua of Pontian...
Here's about your ecu...

Problem: Semput semput when start. And Nua found water in the ecu. He tried to dry it up as
advise but could not solve the problem.

Analysis: Tested on my car, identified it as injector 4 not injecting fuel and CEL41.
So semput semput was actually only 3 cylinders running instead of 4.

Action: All 7 caps was changed as preventive measure.
QM2 was changed as it control the injector 4 and some smt components for CEL41 (O2 heater circuit.

Result: Test again on my car.... Check light off and engine fire up with all cylinders running.
Problem solved...

what smt components control the CEL41
i have a p30 1550-1502 and getting code 41 no matter what car its in
tried removing q15 but CEL41 still there
please and thanks

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
well hello all
how about this

code 15 on p30 ecu
changed h1c1, qm3, all caps except c36-47uF10v
no start
1550-1503 board
243 oki
203 and 240 bin
please help

---------- Post added at 09:48 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:35 AM ----------

what smt components control the CEL41
i have a p30 1550-1502 and getting code 41 no matter what car its in
tried removing q15 but CEL41 still there
please and thanks
HI...
Cel15 - check Q25
Cel41- heater for the o2 sensor... (are you running on a car with 4 wires o2 sensor, if not you will get this CEL also... ) If it is the ecu check components links to the Q15... on the top side of the ecu there are a few more transistors....

bigtroble

Sep 19, 2010
psl, fl
there is no transister at q25 on this 1503 board not sure why
do you know the value of it so I can buy one
there is one on the 1502 board though are they the same
looks like D16 stamp on transister on the 1502

thanks alot

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
there is no transister at q25 on this 1503 board not sure why
do you know the value of it so I can buy one
there is one on the 1502 board though are they the same
looks like D16 stamp on transister on the 1502

thanks alot
I check all my spare p30- 1502 hv Q25
Check my picture file of p29-1503 also have.
Yes Q25 have a body mark of D16 stamp on it...

Here a picture proof.... hee hee hee
Good luck...& keep me posted. Tq

Attachments

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

wondering if there any car owners install any of the products from ultra racing (chasis tuning)??any differences or improvements of handling?? i just only install front strut bar 4 point and rear anti roll bar on my 03 kancil..havent't test and see the diff yet..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience