DIY Coilovers Preload ?

illuminarias

Jun 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Hi, I recently bought a set of AR Racing coilovers from rev performance and I installed them on my neo. The workshop however used a very high preload which resulted in a very very very bouncy ride. I've undone the preload (loosen the spring completely) and tighten it to a point where the springs to do move ( up down left right ), and tighten another 4mm. Now the car is much less bouncy than before, but it still bounces quite a lot compared to my friends ride with coilovers . Should I go with a 0mm preload or should I add more?

The dampening is at it's hardest (32). I do not mind if the car is stiff when going through bumps or potholes, but I do not want it to be bouncy.

Any ideas? I couldn't find any info about coilover set ups for a neo, and the neo section seems dead :C

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Hi, I recently bought a set of AR Racing coilovers from rev performance and I installed them on my neo. The workshop however used a very high preload which resulted in a very very very bouncy ride. I've undone the preload (loosen the spring completely) and tighten it to a point where the springs to do move ( up down left right ), and tighten another 4mm. Now the car is much less bouncy than before, but it still bounces quite a lot compared to my friends ride with coilovers . Should I go with a 0mm preload or should I add more?

The dampening is at it's hardest (32). I do not mind if the car is stiff when going through bumps or potholes, but I do not want it to be bouncy.

Any ideas? I couldn't find any info about coilover set ups for a neo, and the neo section seems dead :C
what was the spring rate? for such a light car like satria, with spring rate 6k front and 4k rear already good enough

but u can try reduce the damping stiffness setting to about half and see

illuminarias

Jun 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
what was the spring rate? for such a light car like satria, with spring rate 6k front and 4k rear already good enough

but u can try reduce the damping stiffness setting to about half and see
Yep, if I'm not mistaken that's the spring rates. The dampening will contribute to the bounciness? I thought it'll only make it stiffer?

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Yep, if I'm not mistaken that's the spring rates. The dampening will contribute to the bounciness? I thought it'll only make it stiffer?

if the damping too stiff yess it will introduce to more bounciness due to suspension travelling slow (too much dampened movement) so it couldn't catch up with the road surface level

illuminarias

Jun 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
if the damping too stiff yess it will introduce to more bounciness due to suspension travelling slow (too much dampened movement) so it couldn't catch up with the road surface level
Thankyou, so far I've reduced the dampening on the front and it seems less bouncy :)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

As mentioned in the title, I am desperate to know did any Myvi owners do such modifications on their car?

Myvi's gearthrow is long and non-mechanical (Let's face it, it's fact). And upon googling it is not helpful.

Or most owner actually choose to live with it instead?

Thank-you very much for the reply. =)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience