DIY Aircon Parts

ylkien

Known Member
May 17, 2005
KL/PJ
Hi guys,

Anyone know where I can get reasonable aircon parts?

I'm currently looking for Proton 1.6/Lancer :

1) Expansion Valve (located with the cooling coil)
2) Aircon filter.

Thanks!

wolfen

Aug 14, 2008
Hi guys,

Anyone know where I can get reasonable aircon parts?

I'm currently looking for Proton 1.6/Lancer :

1) Expansion Valve (located with the cooling coil)
2) Aircon filter.

Thanks!
what do you mean?
are you want to do an air-cond job by yourself?
by the way, do you have sufficient equipment such as pressure gauge, r134a refill can and vacuum device? and for the item 1 and 2 above you can purchase it at spare parts shop easily with negotiated price.

just my free advise. good luck

warrewolf

Dec 22, 2007
isit easy to open the aircond for wire i mean clear the filter or sumthing coz i heard if not cold maybe filter is dirty.

ylkien

Known Member
May 17, 2005
KL/PJ
what do you mean?
are you want to do an air-cond job by yourself?
by the way, do you have sufficient equipment such as pressure gauge, r134a refill can and vacuum device? and for the item 1 and 2 above you can purchase it at spare parts shop easily with negotiated price.

just my free advise. good luck

I don't have those items. I just want to cut-down on their workmanship cost. I found one in Chow Yong, PJ. It is called "Torco" (http://www.torco.com.my/)

Happy DIY :)

wolfen

Aug 14, 2008
Just replace the parts you need and clean the condenser/ cooling coil. installed it back and refill the gas at the air-cond shop. That will cut down the cost. By the way, release the gas first before you do the job, never get the gas in to your eyes. Correct me if i'm wrong.

wolfen

Aug 14, 2008
also make sure the air-cond system got no leaks. And the refrigerant refill is according to manufacture spec. Otherwise it won't cool. Have a correct DIY and Safe DIY.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

On the first out lap, while exploring the big Audi on pre set braking zone comes, the rather good brakes immediately hinted it was going to be a great day ahead. It is Goodyear's latest and greatest Asymmetric 3 tyre launch event and they've prepared a handful of Audis for the new tyre test...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience