Dilemma: Inspira 2.0 or Cruze 1.8

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
Thanks guys.
Ive dump the thought of chevy.
But now got dilemma coz got people racun me with airtrek turbo. Hahahahha...
Actually my loan for inspira 2.0 has been approved. But, turns out to be not as what thw salesman claim. He said can go 8 years. But i got 6 years. Its not me, but the car's age. So can only get 6 years. As of that, the monthly will be more than what i budget.

So, got the idea of getting airtrek turbo. I can get smaller loan amount (not auto loan) + cash. The monthly will be a lot lower, but scared as some other people say the fc is high. But then again, got some people say the fc will be on par with inspira.

If its only for me... I just go for wira 1.6 auto. Hehehe... But its gonna be my wife's daily car (only go fetch kids from school) and balik kampung car, so need to find something nice for me and her.
airtrek is nice, but take note its very different from the 2 you were considering.

biggest con here is the fc... its so hefty that its a guzzler for something with 'only that much power'
but if ur considering that, take a look at the subi forester as well

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
airtrek is nice, but take note its very different from the 2 you were considering.

biggest con here is the fc... its so hefty that its a guzzler for something with 'only that much power'
but if ur considering that, take a look at the subi forester as well
FC is the least concern, he needs to worry more towards repairing some of those parts that needs to be paid in cash (unless special relationship with the workshop). If dude is living on budget every month, forego performance cars.

alcyon

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
Recently there was an advert for a highly modded airtrek, even the seller admits its not suitable as a daily...Just a reminder if you thinking about those "monster" type cars.

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
Recently there was an advert for a highly modded airtrek, even the seller admits its not suitable as a daily...Just a reminder if you thinking about those "monster" type cars.
the 30k one yea?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
l be a lot lower, but scared as some other people say the fc is high. But then again, got some people say the fc will be on par with inspira.

If its only for me... I just go for wira 1.6 auto. Hehehe... But its gonna be my wife's daily car (only go fetch kids from school) and balik kampung car, so need to find something nice for me and her.
Dude.. if it's for the missus to drive around don't buy the Airtrek turbo. FC for the manual variant is about 7-8km/L on a good day and if your wife is only just doing the school run - your FC is gonna be reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally bad. On a Myvi doing short school runs it's about 7-8km/L already, on a turbo charged 2.0 1.2 ton MPV it's gonna be worse. And I'm assuming you're gonna buy the auto version for the wife to drive which has even worse FC compared to the manual. Maybe 5-6km/L at best for school runs and oh - if I'm not mistaken you can only run RON97 right? Really GG bro.. GG..

If it's for highway runs like balik kampung - then the Airtrek is a nice car to go in assuming you find a stock one. If it has an exhaust my god the droning exhaust and all will kill you.

Forget the inspira and airtrek la. Buy a Vios or Altis since it's for the wife. Less headache, easy to drive, relatively ok maintenance costs and price is about the same depending on model and year.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Need to share car for daily, sure headache. Good for wife, not for husband, good for husband , not for wife.......lol

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Need to share car for daily, sure headache. Good for wife, not for husband, good for husband , not for wife.......lol
not always the case. You see this @TitanRev fella.. his wife lagi performance kaki than he is except he's the one modding the cars. She's the one telling him that her car needs more power. LOL

drill

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Damansara
Dude.. if it's for the missus to drive around don't buy the Airtrek turbo. FC for the manual variant is about 7-8km/L on a good day and if your wife is only just doing the school run - your FC is gonna be reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally bad. On a Myvi doing short school runs it's about 7-8km/L already, on a turbo charged 2.0 1.2 ton MPV it's gonna be worse. And I'm assuming you're gonna buy the auto version for the wife to drive which has even worse FC compared to the manual. Maybe 5-6km/L at best for school runs and oh - if I'm not mistaken you can only run RON97 right? Really GG bro.. GG..

If it's for highway runs like balik kampung - then the Airtrek is a nice car to go in assuming you find a stock one. If it has an exhaust my god the droning exhaust and all will kill you.

Forget the inspira and airtrek la. Buy a Vios or Altis since it's for the wife. Less headache, easy to drive, relatively ok maintenance costs and price is about the same depending on model and year.

Thanks for the thoughts. Well, for now, yes it's going to be the car for her daily use and for us to balik kampung. Maybe later will get a kancil for her daily use... But that's just later la.
I dont really drive every day, coz i i prefer to use my scooter. And if i were to drive to work also i will use my mazda. Much fun to drive except if stuck in jam.

I've heard people saying that it can run on ron95. But members here ( from what i read in other thread), need to run on 97. Not sure which is more accurate

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
Thanks for the thoughts. Well, for now, yes it's going to be the car for her daily use and for us to balik kampung. Maybe later will get a kancil for her daily use... But that's just later la.
I dont really drive every day, coz i i prefer to use my scooter. And if i were to drive to work also i will use my mazda. Much fun to drive except if stuck in jam.

I've heard people saying that it can run on ron95. But members here ( from what i read in other thread), need to run on 97. Not sure which is more accurate
whichever it is, its still a guzzler. generally stock on stock boost, it can run 95. many run higher boost and whatnot , then get stuck with 97

just saying~ forrester, legacy ... caldina < after trying em out, those are better cars. If you dont plan of turning the airtrek into an evo, the caldina being a better daily imo

**cant remember if you mentioned a budget

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Even though we are not married, i have a Volvo S60 for the missus, both of us enjoy the car alot. Fast enough for me and comfy enough for her.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL

I'd avoid the airtrek if I were you. It's going to be fun until the fuel bills hit you. Even with RON95, 6-8km/L is not fun at all. But if you're a 4G63T kaki and don't mind the weight of the car, it's spacious, it's very comfortable and it rides like a tank. Don't expect quick handling traits in a stock Airtrek though because it's not a light car. Visibility is pretty impressive for its size so yeah - a lady drive might appreciate it.

Don't buy kancils anymore la. These days the all sorts of cars get hammered on the road so badly I would hate to imagine what will happen to an ancient kancil. At the very least look at the Axia or Picanto if you're gonna go small.

drill

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Damansara
Guys,
Thanks for all the input. In the end i choose airtrek after all.

So far, used it for balik kampung. Can say that I'm satisfied with its power and fc. Not as bad as i expected.

A week use in town driving, for rm30 manage to get me around 160km.

Balik kampung journey yesterday took almost half tank for 240km. Not hiway driving btw... Using the kuala selangor old trunk road until perak, then continue a bit on WCE.

It is a bit hi on fc compared to newer car. But i give it in for the power and comfort. My previous perdana with RVR turbo auto was worse.

Thanks again all

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
I'd avoid the airtrek if I were you. It's going to be fun until the fuel bills hit you. Even with RON95, 6-8km/L is not fun at all. But if you're a 4G63T kaki and don't mind the weight of the car, it's spacious, it's very comfortable and it rides like a tank. Don't expect quick handling traits in a stock Airtrek though because it's not a light car. Visibility is pretty impressive for its size so yeah - a lady drive might appreciate it.

Don't buy kancils anymore la. These days the all sorts of cars get hammered on the road so badly I would hate to imagine what will happen to an ancient kancil. At the very least look at the Axia or Picanto if you're gonna go small.
Guess your advise didn't work on him ! He went to the dark side, he's gone.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi all
not long ago there is a new trend that ppl make their car higher..
some is just make the butt of the car higher (very high, for a sedan)
some is make the whole car higher (like wan to go offroad)

to my supprise.. this trend seems like reaches my hometown also
yesterday go out saw so many high car

mostly r wira,
some r kancil also (with extra large wheel)

i just wan to ask all
how to raise the height of the car?
without changing absorber+spring

is there any spacer...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience