Difficulty engage gear 1 vs works engineering clutch??

ken_junyi

Jan 19, 2011
singapore
Hi Bros,

Ard 5months ago I installed a works engineering 5puck racing clutch. However driving for a while, I realise my gear 1 keeps getting tougher to engage as the days go by. I check with my mechanic he said its because of the clutch no good.

No offences to works engineering but I'd like to find out if any bros here face the similar problem??? Thanks!!!

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
works clutch got spring like exedy ah? cos trinity ones dun have.

---------- Post added at 10:36 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:35 AM ----------

u got change yr gear oil recently or not?

ken_junyi

Jan 19, 2011
singapore
Yup works clutch got spring... The workshop who changed the clutch for me used torco gearbox oil. I used the high spec!

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
what was the gearbox oil viscosity??? (rating number)

what car? proton or perodua or else? coz i knew some perodua models quite hard to engage 1st and reverse gear.....

:adore:

ken_junyi

Jan 19, 2011
singapore
I can't remember the viscosity but If I'm not wrong they used torco gear oil GL6. I'm driving a lancer cs3 btw

---------- Post added at 11:15 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:52 AM ----------

scared the clutch plate no alligned properly, did u face this problem before u change to works clutch set?
Before I change clutch no problem bro. After change clutch also no problem. It's only Ard 3 months after I change clutch then start to have problem

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
have u been thru a puddle or water recently? previously happened to me, hard to shift 1 & 3rd gear.
rupanye gbox masuk air abit...after changed MTF, everything settled.

ken_junyi

Jan 19, 2011
singapore
have u been thru a puddle or water recently? previously happened to me, hard to shift 1 & 3rd gear.
rupanye gbox masuk air abit...after changed MTF, everything settled.
What is MTF bro?? Hmmm I don't recall gg through any deep puddles of water leh... But thanks anyway for your help so far!!!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Does anyone know where I can find the stuff mentioned above?

preferably the complete set (all 4) so that I can use 5 bolt rims?
It must come with the original discs, caliper and knuckles (since I would not need to buy the things seperately.
Have you come across some at your local kedai potong store?

PM/ reply here with details.

Price and location is all the info I need.
Thanks in advance for any assistance provided.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience