Diesel Modification?

wesley12

Dec 7, 2009
Sandakan
Help in Diesel Modification?

Hey Sifu sifu n all members, Im from Sandakan, Sabah n Im new to this forum.. Although I've been catching up with a lot of threads here n all that, I can't help but noticing that quite few of u guys talk about modifications for Diesel Engine..

Currently I have a quite well maintained Toyota Land Cruiser 100 series vx limited 4.2 24v, 1998 version Automatic and A 2.8D Hilux manual (n/a engine) 1999 version.. And I do plan to do some engine modifications for my car..
so, Sifu sifu, pls help if u can..

Just to specify,I intend to use the toyota for everyday use and occasionally off road since I travel to me estate quite often.. My toyota land cruiser is running on the stock 1HD-FTE (4128 cc 6cyl 24valve 201hp turbo diesel) and Im quite curious about how to modify my car.. Coz, honestly this is my 1st time.. So I wish to ask and survey around to help me get my mind straight..

Well, I have no plans to swap engine coz I intend to keep my 4wD system. Although i wish I have a manual gearbox instead of an automatic, I might also need tips on that too.. The reason why I plan to keep the engine becoz of the amount of torque ( 260 ft lbs of torque to be exact) i can get due to it's large capacity.. I've seen people around Sabah modifying it n I heard the off-roaders have managed to extract 400bhp from that engine.. So im quite curious to ask around whether if it can be done..

All i know (from the mechanics) is to get TRD turbo chargers and intercooler, swap to HKS or better Air Filter, fit in voltage stabilizers and chipped it up to utilize and control the airflow, and repipe and do some Engine Balancing.. Im still abit blur on this though.. Can I use other brands that you guys can recommend for a turbo diesel? And I heard the d4d common rail fuel injection system can be fitted into the engine too, is that true?? What about the exhaust pipes, suspensions and the brakes?? Any recommendation that Sifu-sifu can give?? :S

Last edited:

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
its good u wanna maintain using the frugal and yet powerful diesels sir, bravo.. its relatively easy to make power on the diesel powerplant and yet still be reliable, i wud suggest u get a boost controller increase the boost pressure, and add fuel accordingly by adding a management. there are management for diesel nowadays, and they seem to be good. getting a front mount intercooler shud help in harnessing much more power, tq

wesley12

Dec 7, 2009
Sandakan
Owh... Fuel Management system??? that i hav never heard of.. Will do some research about it.. Still, what about the turbo then? Keep it stock??

Just to inquire, Intercoolers no matter what brands or types will not be affected by the type of fuel used right?? Am I correct to say that?

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
yep, looking at ur engine codes, i assumed they are fuel injected sir. u can simply upgrade the turbo, and fuel up accordingly, tuning the engines properly is key for their reliability fyi

fuel quality doesnt determine what cooler can be used sir, u r correct..

wesley12

Dec 7, 2009
Sandakan
Hmm... Fuel management and turbo + intercooler.. How about wastegate?? Will a wastegate improve power?

---------- Post added at 07:36 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:33 PM ----------

By the way, just another question.. What aftermarket brands would you recommend for all these modification parts?? Im still blur becoz diesel parts are totally different from petrol parts.. :S ..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

anyone know a good toyota workshop, not their service centre plss.. it cost a bomb to send old car to them, i am using toyota corolla 1992. need to do a complete engine overhaul..

looking for area in KL or Selangor..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience