cusco pillow ball

sepet

Known Member
Nov 20, 2005
hello all,

just want to get some info from u all..
i just change my absorber to cusco hi-lo adjustable with pilow ball into my eg6..
but theres some noise come from the rear absorber...
my friend said that noise come from pillow ball..
it's it true??
can this pillow ball send for service?? pls advice me which worksyop can do this job.
i just service the absorber excluding the pillow ball.
in addition, the vibration is soft while the car going slow but hard when going fast..

AlucarD

1,000 RPM
Jan 15, 2004
Sepet, a bit of noise from the PB is normal. After all your shockers now sits on a metal bearing and a Aluminium plate instead of rubber. A little bit of harshness is also expected in return for better handling. Expect some squishy sound when going over bumps and on uneven roads. The Cusco might even makes some noise when turning.

However, if the noise is unbearably loud and there are lots of vibration from it then yes, you can service the bearing or worse off change to a new one. Problem is that since its a Cusco, you will need to send it back to Japan for servicing. Only place I know that can service your PB in KL would be HWL in Sungai Buloh.

TRD, this is what Cusco says about their PB

PILLOW BALL UPPER MOUNT

FEATURES
Controls unwanted forces under acceleration
and braking
Common to both center look and camber adjustable type improves steering response and performance. Stable steering response in esesse and lane changing improved stability over bumps and holds roll in corners. Enables linear handling and keeps you on the record line better. Stability and safety during turn-ins and under braking.
SPECIFICATION
Available for both center lock and camber adjustable types
6mm thick plate made from 2017S heat treated aircraft grade aluminum.
Various pillow collars available to suit your needs.

CAMBER ADJUSTMENT
Camber adjustable by sliding the plate and
pillow ball sections

Chamber Adjustable Type

Centre lock type

Last edited:

'[00] TRD

Known Member
Dec 27, 2005
AlucarD said:
TRD, this is what Cusco says about their PB

PILLOW BALL UPPER MOUNT

FEATURES
Controls unwanted forces under acceleration
and braking
Common to both center look and camber adjustable type improves steering response and performance. Stable steering response in esesse and lane changing improved stability over bumps and holds roll in corners. Enables linear handling and keeps you on the record line better. Stability and safety during turn-ins and under braking.
SPECIFICATION
Available for both center lock and camber adjustable types
6mm thick plate made from 2017S heat treated aircraft grade aluminum.
Various pillow collars available to suit your needs.

CAMBER ADJUSTMENT
Camber adjustable by sliding the plate and
pillow ball sections

Chamber Adjustable Type

Centre lock type

is that item come along wit the adjustable suspension or wat? hardly understand . . .

thx for the info anyway, cheers :_:

AlucarD

1,000 RPM
Jan 15, 2004
Yes, sometimes the PB mounts do come with the coilovers. For more info try to google it la..

sepet

Known Member
Nov 20, 2005
ok thanks guy..
but the prob is i just service the valve at shaft...
in addition, the noise only came from rear

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

There are a few things to do to when trying to diagnose a misfire. All vehicles are different, but there are a few places to start.
1)If possible use an OBDII scanner on newer vehicles. The misfire counter function can help you determine which cylinder is behaving badly. Clearly this is not an option for all people and vehicles though.

Note)Even without engine scanners you can identify which cylinder is causing a dead misfire. Carefully disconnect one spark plug at a time. If the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience