Conversion - JPJ process?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Guys,

My bahasa is elementary level. So dealing with govt agencies usually terrify me... and the gov agency I deal with since they also struggle to understand me.

Right now I'm looking on how to go about officiating my gearbox change from auto to manual. I currently have :

- receipt from the mechanic who did the swap for me.
- My car registration card

What are the forms I need to fill out and where would I need to do the official paperwork etc?

Do I need a Puspakom check?

fazidk

3,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Yeah bro...as far as I know it's x necessary to endorse (but good la if u do)...if I'm x mistaken there is a counter in JPJ where u can get n fill up d form (it's free if x mistaken)...once u fill it up d officer will 'chop' endorse d reg card aka grant...n ur good to go..

Anyway anyone who more in d know correct me if I'm wrong...:)

g88

3,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2004
Guys,

My bahasa is elementary level. So dealing with govt agencies usually terrify me... and the gov agency I deal with since they also struggle to understand me.

Right now I'm looking on how to go about officiating my gearbox change from auto to manual. I currently have :

- receipt from the mechanic who did the swap for me.
- My car registration card

What are the forms I need to fill out and where would I need to do the official paperwork etc?

Do I need a Puspakom check?

Sifu. Here you go https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/1173806/all (not sure still valid or not now)

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
last time i heard that gearbox conversion no longer need endorsement...
Yeah bro...as far as I know it's x necessary to endorse (but good la if u do)...if I'm x mistaken there is a counter in JPJ where u can get n fill up d form (it's free if x mistaken)...once u fill it up d officer will 'chop' endorse d reg card aka grant...n ur good to go..

Anyway anyone who more in d know correct me if I'm wrong...:)
My friend sold off his Wira auto converted manual (no endorsement) to a 2nd hand car dealer in 2011 and the car dealer cursed him to no end because he didn't get it endorsed so the dealer himself had to do the conversion which was a pain since he didn't have any documents.

If there's no Puspakom requirement then I'd gladly go to the JPJ to have the reg card stamped.

Fazidk : I'll need to check that. But if it really is that simple then I'll have to go do it. Need to go JPJ office to confirm la then?

Sifu. Here you go https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/1173806/all (not sure still valid or not now)
Thanks g88 sikong. That process is pretty much what I had in mind. I'm quite worried about puspakom too, too many things will fail. :biggrin:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
If you know of such a person please let me know!

i knew a runner at jpj setapak....

can easily help for settle all those paper work....but not sure if he can help you avoid the puspakom inspection (if needed)

if want the ctc i can pm u :adore:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
i knew a runner at jpj setapak....

can easily help for settle all those paper work....but not sure if he can help you avoid the puspakom inspection (if needed)

if want the ctc i can pm u :adore:
Yes please bro. The fella speaks chinese/english? Cuz my bahasa is rubbish

punk

Known Member
Aug 6, 2011
Negeri Sembilan
weird ah, my father didnt do the conversion at puspakom also.

change wira 1.6 auto to manual gearbox.

Went to JPJ once after few years of the conversion and do puspakom check because someone bought his Roadtax stiker before he did it.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
weird ah, my father didnt do the conversion at puspakom also.

change wira 1.6 auto to manual gearbox.

Went to JPJ once after few years of the conversion and do puspakom check because someone bought his Roadtax stiker before he did it.
When did your father swap the GB?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Counted very blessed again to be able to do a quick turn around for this bull.....a master piece from Automobili Lamborghini S.p.A

my first bull detailing many many years ago

tada
Ferruccio Lamborghini, the man who would found Automobili Ferruccio Lamborghini S.p.A. in 1963

and so Lamborghini's...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience