Clutch slipping

neokenzo

Known Member
Oct 5, 2006
PJ
Sorry for asking a noob question but how do I know when my clutch is slipping and what causes it?
Reading on another thread, clutch slipping could cause engine blowing up? What other things can clutch slipping cause?

Thanks in advance.

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
clutch slipping like when u driving, your rpm suddenly spike to 5-7k
something like that la, mine also slipped last time, using new std clutch set summore,
finally i readjusted the hight of my pedal to make it higher, so far no slipped clutch yet.

budakkampungaje

Known Member
Dec 19, 2007
Dengkil
clutch slipping like when u driving, your rpm suddenly spike to 5-7k
something like that la, mine also slipped last time, using new std clutch set summore,
finally i readjusted the hight of my pedal to make it higher, so far no slipped clutch yet.
agree with you....:biggrin:

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
wont blow yr engine, unless u keep ramming it eventhough it slips.
the worst is the gear couldnt engage or it slip totally and car wont move even gear engaged.

neokenzo

Known Member
Oct 5, 2006
PJ
Thanks for the answers guys :)

What causes it? Just normal wear and tear?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hey fellow enthusiast,
I'm currently driving a putra with an auto tranny.I'm thinking of transplanting a 4G93T(GSR).Although i have driven a turbo before but i'm still a novice in the turbo world.I was driving a bolt on turbo which i just bought second hand.Sold it away about 4 years back.
Now what i intend to find out is how much is a half cut of the GSR?What r the rates for the workmanship of the transplant?How much do i have to pay to get the car and the new engine no. to be...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience