Cleaner Greener Penang event 12.11.11

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak

After a long thunderstorm night from the previous meet on 11.11.11, we gathered our cars in the morning on the Esplanade again, to have car decals applied to our car, for a car convoy. We were part of the Cleaner Greener Penang event, where the event focuses on bringing awareness towards the cleanliness and green of Penang Island.

The event started at 9 AM in the morning. More than 20 cars came for the event, comprising of mostly Nissan Fairlady Z's and some other performance vehicles, such as Nissan Skyline, Mazda RX-8, Subaru Impreza and Mitsusbishi Lancer.

They had 2 Nissan Fairlady 370Zs, lined up in front of the convoy, where they would be the lead cars. The rest of the cars were lined up behind the cars.

At about 9.30AM, Penang State Exco, YB. Tuan Chow Kon Yeow gave a speech about bringing cleaner and greener awareness to the Penang state. He has launched the Cleaner Greener Penang School buses, where school buses are wrapped with advertisements bringing cleaner and greener awareness to Penang.

At 10 AM, we were flagged off by the YB and we were the first to go. I rode shotgun with the owner of Chan Brothers, a workshop that provides crash and accident repair, in his Hyundai Tucson. The Hyundai Tucson's sunroof provided clear opportunity to take photos of the car convoy at the back.

The convoy started and we were led by police dispatch riders, that guided us around Penang. We started from the Esplanade and headed to the roads around in Georgetown.

We went up the flyover on the intersection that crosses between Jalan Masjid Negeri and Jalan Gelugor. You could look at the long trail of cars that followed us in the convoy! It must be quite a sight to behold for the Penang people to see many of these Japanese sports cars roaming the streets of Penang.

We went passed the Jelutong Highway and headed towards Bayan Lepas Highway. We soon arrived towards the roadabout and made our turn back towards Penang town.

The convoy took about 1 hour to circle around Penang island and we arrived at the Esplanade again later one. We feast upon the food provided by the organisers and was able to mingle around in the area.

Cecelia and Jenny, Ambassadors for Chan Brothers, as seen from Mean Machines 2011, were also present to have their photos taken. Chan Brothers were the towing sponsors for Mean Machines 2011

A row of monsters

More monsters

It was a great turn out for the event. Everyone posed at the camera and had their photos taken. It was a great event to remember and a great time around to mingle with other car owners on that day. The event was a great success and definitely hope to have another similar event held in the future.

Attachments

WyNG

1,500 RPM
Jul 16, 2008
Penang
:driver::driver::driver:

xandras

Known Member
Apr 29, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Cleaner & greener? No offense, this is not a bashing post.. But wouldn't it be hypocritical to actually use these mean machines for the convoy? They aren't exactly te greenest of cars, afterall.. Some of it probably don't even have a proper cat-con..

Emissions, brothers... Emissions..

Just my 2 cents.. Peace..

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak
no worries bro, i believe the only thing green was the pair of 370z's, as they are newer and perhaps built with more environmental friendly parts.

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak
well im not the organiser, so i cant comment nor complain. im just happy with the turnout, thats for sure

xandras

Known Member
Apr 29, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Come to think of it, I haven't actually seen a 370z IRL before. Must be quite a sight, eh? GTRs are more common than 370z on Malaysian roads..

WyNG

1,500 RPM
Jul 16, 2008
Penang
LOL~~~~~~:banghead:

[H] [K] [S]

1,000 RPM
Dec 22, 2006
Should had inclused few CRZ or those other hybrids to represent...

es2611

500 RPM
Jan 10, 2006
they all should be on hybrids.. or better.. on bicycle.
the theme is not right imho.

---------- Post added at 03:17 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:17 PM ----------

they all should be on hybrids.. or better.. on bicycle.
the theme is not right imho.

Shinjite

500 RPM
Feb 27, 2006
Klang
Come to think of it, I haven't actually seen a 370z IRL before. Must be quite a sight, eh? GTRs are more common than 370z on Malaysian roads..
So far in real life, I only spotted 2 370Zs on the road here in the Klang Valley

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak
didnt really drive it, but heres the interior shot! very nice looking car, has a gt-r dash feel, but isn't a gt-r, road tax for this baby is about rm5000, its way crazier than the 350z! so u can imagine!

spec-c

1,500 RPM
May 21, 2008
TTDi
Promoting a Clean Green event with fuel guzzlers... how interesting

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear All

Need some advice regarding this issue. Planing to add a GB cooler to my trammy without discrad the original one. Setup should be as attachment.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience