NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL

This is what the filter looked like after just 3 months of usage

With the recent haze situation in KL, it's no surprise that there have been an influx of MC's due to bad coughs, flu, generic illnesses that bad air quality results in. It's also said that we spend too much time commuting too getting from point A to B and even more sleeping. But this is a car forum so sleeping is not the key interest here!

What I'd like to focus on is our air-conditioning inside our cars. Most modern cars have aircon filters that filter the air within the cabin but older cars do not. Aircon filters are supposed to filter out dust, mould, generally any 'large' airborne particles that's floating in the air. And since most of us use recirculating aircon air instead of outside fresh air for our air-conditioning (fresh is impossible in KL), it would be nice to have a filter to cut out the particles which in effect prolongs the lifespan of the blower since dust particles don't get collected in it.

In the case of my own 2004 Myvi, it didn't have an aircon filter so I thought it would be good to have one. Thankfully Perodua decided that the aircon filter is an essential item to have and installed them in all 2007 (and onwards) Myvi models so I managed to get my hands on a fitting filter.

1. First you need to buy the filter. They retail from RM12 to RM28 depending on brand, quality, where you buy it from, etc. Ensure it consists of a cover and a paper filter.

2. Take out everything from your glove box. Press the two sides to unhook it from the side. Needs only a little bit of pressure to unhook.

3. Don't touch any of the wiring.

4. This is the aircon unit, the opening for the filter needs to be cut. I just cut along the lines that's already there.

5. The plastic is pretty tough and strong so do it carefully and slowly.

6. All done.

7. Slot in the filter which covers the whole blower unit.

8. Close the hole with the cover provided when you buy the filter. It locks nicely, it slots in nicely and it clicks pretty tightly. Very good fit.

9. Test the aircon, it works. No more smelly mouldy smell whenever starting up the aircon early in the morning.

Total time spent : 10 minutes

Enjoy.

Attachments

Last edited:

D7zul

2,000 RPM

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
nicely done..

can use for AE101 & KE70?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
nicely done..can use for AE101 & KE70?
is the aircon filter in the same place for perdana? need to do it also
D7zul and Danz : Sure can. But I'd need to see the actual car and where the blower is located. I don't have access to these cars so will have to do R&D to answer you

i saw that laundry too.
It's DIY mah. Means I do it at home so of course got laundry la. :biggrin:

how to know on the filter...which side is up or down??
The flat portion is the down bit. It sits better with the flat part downwards

D7zul

2,000 RPM

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
D7zul and Danz : Sure can. But I'd need to see the actual car and where the blower is located. I don't have access to these cars so will have to do R&D to answer you

It's DIY mah. Means I do it at home so of course got laundry la. :biggrin:

The flat portion is the down bit. It sits better with the flat part downwards

do u have the measurement of the filter?

my AE101 blower is behind the compartment glove.. i've seen it.. but have to measure it 1st..

my 'new' KE70 i've never see where's the blower.. must be around the same place :biggrin:

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
my persona has that filter too. but it get clog very fast - every 3 months must wash it and every 6 months have to change.
it shows how dirty the air outside...

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
do u have the measurement of the filter?

my AE101 blower is behind the compartment glove.. i've seen it.. but have to measure it 1st..

my 'new' KE70 i've never see where's the blower.. must be around the same place :biggrin:
There are various sizes you can get from sparepart shops. You'll need to see where the blower is, which direciton is suction & which is blowing, then just see if you can fit a filter before the suction section. Quite easy really

D7zul

2,000 RPM

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
There are various sizes you can get from sparepart shops. You'll need to see where the blower is, which direciton is suction & which is blowing, then just see if you can fit a filter before the suction section. Quite easy really
thanx..

i'm guessing u use a grinder to cut the hole .. right?

amrancharger

500 RPM

amrancharger

500 RPM
Jul 19, 2006
cutter or knife will do the trick...its actually soft plastic but need some force to make through initially...
after dat piece of cake...but be careful not to cut yourself or the wires there...cuz kinda tight space...huhuhu!

D7zul

2,000 RPM

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
cutter i think..
serious? in 10 minutes?

he must have arms like Arnold SusahNakEja..

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

---------- Post added at 03:10 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:07 PM ----------

cutter or knife will do the trick...its actually soft plastic but need some force to make through initially...
after dat piece of cake...but be careful not to cut yourself or the wires there...cuz kinda tight space...huhuhu!
ya lor..

i think must use the heavy duty cutter bcoz of the tight space

:biggrin:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Izso aka Arnold SusahNakEja used a really sharp knife. Initial cut took sometime but the rest was just a matter of using brute force. I snapped off the blunt blade about twice to finish the whole thing. Super duper hard plastic!

I was told recently there's another way to do it, just drop it on top where it draws the air. Meaning you can just drop it from the top in, but taking it out would be kinda hard so gotta use a string system - tie it to the filter, lower it in, then wanna take out yank the string to pull it out. Can be done too.

D7zul

2,000 RPM

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
Izso aka Arnold SusahNakEja used a really sharp knife. Initial cut took sometime but the rest was just a matter of using brute force. I snapped off the blunt blade about twice to finish the whole thing. Super duper hard plastic!

I was told recently there's another way to do it, just drop it on top where it draws the air. Meaning you can just drop it from the top in, but taking it out would be kinda hard so gotta use a string system - tie it to the filter, lower it in, then wanna take out yank the string to pull it out. Can be done too.
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

hehe.. jgn marah ye bang..

btw, will try to find where's the air coming from before i cut anything..

thanx again :biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Im using A31 RB20E, im was thinking to do engine swaps, to RB20DET. But it's useless to drive Such a Fast car at my hometown , Sandakan, Sabah. Because the roads are not long enough and bumpy. SO usually cars over there would like to have better acceleration. And i was told that Single Cam has better acceleration than Twin Cams. Is this true?

Is there anything i can do to make the acceleration go higher, things like piping and other stuffs? need advices... And im driving Auto, which i...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience