Chrome engine

V-Spec

Nov 28, 2003
Where can I chrome my engine (PJ) and how much does it cost?

Thanks in advance.

babyGreddy

Known Member
Nov 27, 2003
kuala lumpur
Visit site
what car are u using?if u r using something with turbo sure u cannot chrome one then it will explode but if u really want to do it then try going to puchong bcoz there is a shop does this chrome plating for engine or not in sg.besi near salak south there.

ZephyRed

Known Member
Nov 21, 2003
Sunway
Visit site
Originally posted by babyGreddy@Feb 4 2004, 12:01 AM
what car are u using?if u r using something with turbo sure u cannot chrome one then it will explode but if u really want to do it then try going to puchong bcoz there is a shop does this chrome plating for engine or not in sg.besi near salak south there.
it wont explode la... the chrome will just peel off coz it can't stand high heat. My friend's GSR top cover is chrome, but slowly peeling off coz too hot. <_<

dolly

500 RPM
Dec 24, 2003
can you recommend a brand and type of paint to use? also where can one get the paints

MrNismo

500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
KL
Originally posted by dolly@Feb 6 2004, 04:43 PM
can you recommend a brand and type of paint to use? also where can one get the paints
GLASURIT. Be sure to use the high-temp clear coat also.

netmatrix

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
P Jaya:Malaysia
kh_tan.tripod.com
soulfly, its hard to find high temp gold paint to DIY here. I have found Duplicolor at Ace hardware Mid valley. Mind you they cost a lot. RM30 per bottle. These you can use to paint the cover and even the block! I only found 3 gloss colors, ford blue, chevy red and black. U can use Ace 1000F high temp paint also. Same price. But cannot be used on block because it cannot stand engine oil so it will peel.

Booze

Known Member
Jan 6, 2004
My bed room "on da BED"
www.defcon.org

maidenhead

Feb 5, 2004
i nak kaler gak! so where, around pj, kj, kl? so how much if i were to choose latest evo color i.e dark metallic red? won't explode on turboed engine head cover won't it?

g88

3,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2004
No point chroming engine since when your engine heat up your chrome will change colour or peel off....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

We love automotive designers. They truly allow their thoughts and ideas to run wild and are free of all marketing and sales leashes that dictate everything from a how a vehicle should look like, to which market segment it caters for, and to some extent the power figures and such. Independent designers don't have that crap around their necks, just take a look at this old-school Audi...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience