Cheap Adjustables ... Reliable ?

SYeNi69

Jun 27, 2006
TTDI KL
Hi i am currently interested in getting a new set of coilovers for my car ...

Been Brosing around ... I have chosen a few brands ... which are in my budget
all below 1K :driver:

1. HWL
2. GAB (Red)
3. Mines GAB (chrome)
4. SusTec

Feel free to add a few more with comments

just wanna ask forumers about their thoughts on the brand ... and please share ur info if u have used them ...

thx

karl_razlie

Apr 25, 2005
from this cap ayam brand i prefer hotbit and hwl or titan...
1. HWL
2. GAB (Red)
3. Mines GAB (chrome)
4. SusTec

amrancharger

Jul 19, 2006
u driving wat car?
i m using hwl on my ol skool toyota...its not bad...
but some myvi user said hwl is quite harsh...

yeah....

top rank to bottom...(my own preference)

titan
hwl
hotbits

1-titan due to flexibility on setup during installation (in package)
2)hwl durable especially for rally abuse
3)hotbits was reliable name in tuning scene....but price wise i think it was abit on high side thus lower ranking from me :biggrin:

btw...all those adjustable not that hard if u choose the spring stiffness wisely....

amrancharger

Jul 19, 2006
titan is not dat super expensive...tein can cost up to rm4k per set...
titan is only ard rm2k ++...so titan is not too expensive nor too cheap.

but i believe TS want the cheaper alternative of adjustables...below rm1k budget.

thus for me...the gud choice wub be:
1)hwl
2)gab

coz malaysian made and abundance of support for aftersales service...

for cheapest can get gab lor....but one of my fren have leaking gab unit less than a year....the default setup was so so only....

best is to go with hwl.....proven in heavy duty offroad as well as rallying.....i saw some ppl selling around 1.2k-1.4k per set (depends on car model)

---------- Post added at 10:31 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:30 AM ----------

for cheapest can get gab lor....but one of my fren have leaking gab unit less than a year....the default setup was so so only....

best is to go with hwl.....proven in heavy duty offroad as well as rallying.....i saw some ppl selling around 1.2k-1.4k per set (depends on car model)

i give a rough budget for perdana k.
1. GAB hilo only RM1280 (RED)
2. hotbitz hilo RM1380 (SILVER)
3. TITAN -hilo soft hard RM3k++
4. TEIN RM3k++ super street hilo soft hard
5. HWL RM1.5-1.6k hilo.

so for car like wira, civic..should be cheaper.....price depends on wat car u drive.

amrancharger

Jul 19, 2006
boss....titan is hi lo only rite?no soft hard but they can custom the damping to user preference...
some sifu explained that damping is not same as soft hard function...

lamedrvr

Jan 20, 2010
alo all!

bro danz, if i'm not mistaken, all adjustable suspensions are serviceable, right? so, how about the maintenance ye? how much if want to service? have any recommended workshop?

btw, i'm using APM adjustable (hi-lo) for my V6. i think my APM also consider cheap one! should give a try la SYeNi69...

kumar22mostwanted

Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
TITAN adjustables with top mount and all the other options should be around close to 4k as well for wira/satria/putra
at least thats what i remember maybe my memory is a bit vague but still best to call them up
a properly set up MONOTUBE is awesome :biggrin:

alo all!

bro danz, if i'm not mistaken, all adjustable suspensions are serviceable, right? so, how about the maintenance ye? how much if want to service? have any recommended workshop?

btw, i'm using APM adjustable (hi-lo) for my V6. i think my APM also consider cheap one! should give a try la SYeNi69...
hi bro, yeap all adjustables are servicable. even std absorbers can be customed, inject oil inside to make it as hard as adjsutables also can.

that 1 dun worry.....u just contact fstrader he got shop can service it for you, price sure cheaper than anywhere else.

lamedrvr

Jan 20, 2010
hi bro, yeap all adjustables are servicable. even std absorbers can be customed, inject oil inside to make it as hard as adjsutables also can.

that 1 dun worry.....u just contact fstrader he got shop can service it for you, price sure cheaper than anywhere else.
thanks danz! i know i always can get good answer/respond from you...tqvm!

(err...how to contact fstrader? is he around the forum? tehehehehehe..! :biggrin:)

definately that was the nick in ZTH forum :biggrin:

Just as Air Asia head honcho Tony Fernandes said that looking to the future and planning ahead was the key to the low-cost carrier’s success, even if it took eight years to get to the top, the same school of thought is being implemented at Lotus Racing by embracing young talent in preparation for the future with 16 year old Malaysian karting...