Change wira 1.6 sohc to GSR turbo

chimaera

Dec 25, 2005
I would like to ask i had a wira millennium 1.6 manual version i had plan to convert my engine to 1.8 GSR Turbo engine. I would like to ask is that always got kacau by JPJ if i convert the 1.8 GSR engine? i heard from my friend even i got the approval letter from JPJ also will kena in some big block is it true??? i wish some member could share their experience with me

Thanks. . . . .

calvin9683

Jul 5, 2004
JB
if u convert n send for inspection n get approval.....
i dun think u need to b scared when there's blocks.....
provided u keep ur engine stock la....
when u start doing mods....
then dats where trouble come.....

simple....
1st thing u do is exhaust......
too BIG they'll find trouble.....
a fren told me even u put front mount intercooler oso will kene....

aiya....
make it simple la.....
even ur car stock standard....
u got do loud exhaust or tinting oso will kena la.....
GSR or stock doesnt really make a big difference......
as long as u do it legally la....

well....
just my opinion here......

chimaera

Dec 25, 2005
em . . tat means if i keep the engine in stock condition and i make the exhaust with normal turbo size exhaust . . that should be ok . .. but the main problem is the front intercooler as turbo car sure got the intercooler rite even this also cannot pass the block??? let make the summary as if i change the engine

- engine in stock condition with original air filter
- exhaust with original turbo size
- but using the GSR RS intercooler

if i mod my car as above only the intercooler will kena the rest suppose be ok rite..?? any more opinion ???

Thanks for all reader

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
u can convert into GSR turbo , but u still need to make ur car in low profile even though JPJ approved.
Try to make it in stock condition

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
as long as ur car body is in ori condition with no shooting star and speed boat sound exhaust thus JPJ approved.. no problem la..
my kancil like ori just with mira air scoop only.. every block also no problem...
inside the engine u want to modified like monster also no 1 will bother as lond as no sound...but till now no 1 can make it..hehe...
ori condition with ori turbo engine will be ok...

kk9972

Known Member
Dec 27, 2005
Want to mod, don't scare.
Do scare, don't mod.

Mod heavily, body must look ori.
All ori, but body mod heavily, I'm sure your pocket will be empty.

If you makes it standard, you will be sacred.

Happy Modding.

gagek7

Known Member
Apr 25, 2005
seremban/tambun
em . . tat means if i keep the engine in stock condition and i make the exhaust with normal turbo size exhaust . . that should be ok . .. but the main problem is the front intercooler as turbo car sure got the intercooler rite even this also cannot pass the block??? let make the summary as if i change the engine

- engine in stock condition with original air filter
- exhaust with original turbo size
- but using the GSR RS intercooler

if i mod my car as above only the intercooler will kena the rest suppose be ok rite..?? any more opinion ???

Thanks for all reader

about the intercooler:

what you can do to hide it is use stock standard front bumper.because the standard one can hide it quite impressively.

saw 1 guy did it in seremban.u have to really take a peek to see the intercooler.

the bad thing is you have to cut the inner side of the bumper to make way for the intercooler piping.

chimaera

Dec 25, 2005
em . . thanks bro for all ur value reply . . . haha but about the front mount intercooler i just think something . . . for GSR RS is original with front mount intercooler rite . . . . if mod GSR RS half cut with original intercooler that suppose be no problem also if based on the rules heheh .. . maybe it sound silly but i think this is correct rite. . . just my suddent thought hehe...

Thanks for read and reply . . :X-:

calvin9683

Jul 5, 2004
JB
just go for it la.....
as long as u dun hav heavy mods (engine/exterior)....
u r quite safe edi.....
n also....
dun kan chiong when pass road blocks....

happy modding

avaultz

Known Member
Apr 7, 2006
this my car pic.. gsr with vr4 IC...
this how i mount my I/C....

so far so good no prob la.. been 5-6 months ald.. but sumtimes get nervous when jpj pass by... lol

im worried coz my plate number is not on center..... Is that breaking the laws? Coz the size n wording r in right format...:X-:

chimaera

Dec 25, 2005
ok thanks bro for all ur advise . . . . i think i got my answer liau hehe thank ZTH member . . . .:shades_smile:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi all sifu and member,

i have vios 2011 model that is with ori exhausr stock, now i plan to modified the exhaust with low noise and pickup and end energier more better for fc, so what is agak agak price and ok lah the material piping as my budjet not more that rm800, plan change ori stock i think is 4-2-1 one
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience