Change Throttle Body 1.5 SVDO type to 1.8 SVDO type

Speeder

Known Member
Mar 15, 2009
Hey all,

I would like to change throttle body from 1.5 SVDO type to 1.8 SVDO type but it will cause idle no stabil and engine will off too.

There is recommended to exchange the stepping motor between both type of throttle body but the screw very tied until cannot open.

I just get new information that we can modify the wiring to suit the 1.8 SVDO throttle body to 1.5 SVDO ECU.

May I know did you know how to modify the wiring to suit the 1.8 SVDO throttle body to 1.5 SVDO ECU?

Please share......... Thanks.

ftzone

full throttle zone
Feb 21, 2005
Penang, Prai
www.ftzoneracing.com
what is the hassle for doing it? how about rebore the diameter of your existing throttle body?

ftzone

full throttle zone
Feb 21, 2005
Penang, Prai
www.ftzoneracing.com
of course... flap must match the new bore size mah... but for Proton VDO.. i dun think can get any improvement la... better do port n polish

Speeder

Known Member
Mar 15, 2009
I think rebore a bit for 1.5 VDO throttle body because the original hole is not so big already.

it's better change to 1.8 VDO throttle body, much more bigger than 1.5 VDO throttle body.

dokaugot

Dec 23, 2007
I think rebore a bit for 1.5 VDO throttle body because the original hole is not so big already.

it's better change to 1.8 VDO throttle body, much more bigger than 1.5 VDO throttle body.
before you change the TB, I suggest that you use the Open Pod Air Filter first with high flow. You will notice the difference, if you still wanna chnage the TB after that, then only you do it.

just my 2 cent

joev8796

Known Member
Oct 23, 2008
before you change the TB, I suggest that you use the Open Pod Air Filter first with high flow. You will notice the difference, if you still wanna chnage the TB after that, then only you do it.

just my 2 cent
open pod in a vdo wil kil da low end, if wan better air flow, get a high flow drop in is better

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

1) how much is S90 55mm TB in Malaysia include installation? ( hope can done in JB)

2) Do i need to retune A/F map ?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience