Centre locking delay!!!

happy_nic

Known Member
Aug 3, 2005
klg
I hav a problem... with my centre locking delay... sometimes is ok.. but sometime the centre locking delay keep on tic..tac...tic..tac.. & my centre locking jus keep on.. lock.. unlock.. non stop... for few mins.. any1 face this problem b4?? :frown:

trex92

500 RPM
Aug 10, 2004
KL
Visit site
2 possible problems with ur central locking:-

1. Relay might be spoilt. Some central locking has built in relay and some using external relay. If external relay, try to replace the relay (1 relay is not expensive). If internal relay, disconnect the power source to the central locking unit and re-attach again and if this does not work, then you have to change the central locking device coz i dun think it is possible to change the internal relay.

2. Central locking device spoilt.

Hope this works ;)

volvo850

Known Member
Aug 28, 2005
Selangor
had a personal experience with my alarm. once i placed my remote on the coffee table and the car was parked inside the house. then heard like someone playing with the alarm. went so see and i saw this central locking going up.. down... up.. down. it was non-stop. so i pressed the remote and it stopped. after a while same thing started back. so this time i moved the remote to a certain distance from the car. guess what.. i stopped.. if u come near to the car.. there it goes again. so, had my remote changed and since then no more trouble. sorry for the long story bro :biggrin:

happy_nic

Known Member
Aug 3, 2005
klg
trex92 said:
2 possible problems with ur central locking:-

1. Relay might be spoilt. Some central locking has built in relay and some using external relay. If external relay, try to replace the relay (1 relay is not expensive). If internal relay, disconnect the power source to the central locking unit and re-attach again and if this does not work, then you have to change the central locking device coz i dun think it is possible to change the internal relay.

2. Central locking device spoilt.

Hope this works ;)
mine centre locking everything is all standard1...even the "gun" also standard1.... i hav change the relay once.. coz the previously relay blow my fuse & then i put in my fuse the relay got wierd sound.. not "tik tak" then i change my relay... then ok.. but after that this problem com... hmmmm headache....

Last edited:

happy_nic

Known Member
Aug 3, 2005
klg
volvo850 said:
had a personal experience with my alarm. once i placed my remote on the coffee table and the car was parked inside the house. then heard like someone playing with the alarm. went so see and i saw this central locking going up.. down... up.. down. it was non-stop. so i pressed the remote and it stopped. after a while same thing started back. so this time i moved the remote to a certain distance from the car. guess what.. i stopped.. if u come near to the car.. there it goes again. so, had my remote changed and since then no more trouble. sorry for the long story bro :biggrin:
well... this is something i havn't try b4.. i might wanna try.. if the the problem com again.... thanks the info... hehehee :biggrin:

happy_nic

Known Member
Aug 3, 2005
klg
i dun think is the alarm problem... coz.. i hav tried.. even i put out the socket connect to the brain of the alarm the problem still same.. the relay "tic tac tic tac" also the centre locking up down... up down... :(

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

$$$ makes POWER??
Or
Knowledge makes power??

Which one u all think can make ur car power??
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience