Car safety feature

DerrickEe

Known Member
Oct 18, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Hi everyone, is there any way to improve a car's safety feature? My car is a Perodua Viva 850cc and it has no airbags and ABS unlike the premium 1000cc version. Is it possible to install airbags to a non-airbag car?

Any other add-ons that can improve my car's safety feature besides the ones stated above? Do let me know please,thank you.

Ps,and no irrelevant answers like telling me to change to a new car, please.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Good question. I'm interested to know as well. Hope someone can answer this question. One more question is, can power steering be installed on Perodua Viva 660 and 850?

DerrickEe

Known Member
Oct 18, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Good question. I'm interested to know as well. Hope someone can answer this question. One more question is, can power steering be installed on Perodua Viva 660 and 850?
Talking about power steering, each time I reverse out of a parking spot, its like working out my arms :rofl:

ColdPlay

Known Member
Jun 16, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Air bag and ABS is quite complicated it works best factory pre-installed. You don't want to DIY airbag and it pop up with Tesco logo...just kidding!
For ABS, You need the Abs module, hoses, sensor on all 4 side and maybe different wheel bearing. Airbag require an airbag ready dashboard / steering and trigger sensor. And it may not guarantee to work. Best option is buying Viva Elite / premium if you insisted on it.

Power steering can be done. Built based on the Viva Elite example. You can ask around for workshop that do the conversion.