Can satria convert 4wd.

acbc

4,000 RPM

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
Actually, if the model has a 4WD version in its country of origin... you can still fight for it.

I have many friend of converted their Galant E33A (originally 2WD) to 4WD legally amd because believe or not, there are 4WD N/T Galant E33A in Japan! Only in snowy countries such as Japan, US or Europe.

In fact, I even found one original E33A with 4WD in Malaysia. Only one... owner flew all the way to Nagoya, Japan to buy it. Cost him over RM 100k (inclusive tax + transportation + insurance).

So, basically, you need 3 things:

1. Source the rear cut - damn rare!
2. A qualified foreman to do the conversion
3. Total inspection by Puspakom and JPJ

All these can be done legally without going through runners or 3rd parties. I've plan to convert mine when the time is right.

acbc

4,000 RPM

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
huakenny said:
how bout wira converted to evo3 with 4wd? legal? engine number all tukar by jpj oledi..approved...

i dun think wira converted to evo 3 hv problem...coz KARAMJIIT SINGH use it las time in rally....d car name is PROTON WIRA 4WD TURBO...i stil hv d book......
If convert for rally, it is legal la. But, you have to proof it.

Problem is Proton did not produce any 4WD models and hence, it is illegal. Those who converted legally last time are lucky but please keep the documents in the car as proof. What you really need to show is the Surat Kawal Selia. The original geran is useless as it did not state anything about 4WD.

Why? Because JPJ can bully / harass you and maybe sita your car.

As long you have the Surat Kawal Selia, they cannot touch you at all except for other offences like big / loud exhaust or fibre hood.

To play it safe, sell off your Proton, buy an original Lancer and do the conversion. Don't trust runners. These fuckers fucked up everything. Take a week off and visit Puspakom.

Or alternatively, you can buy a readily converted Lancer but make sure you obtain the Surat Kawal Selia from the owner.

huakenny

LB Performance

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
wat is surat kawal selia?

since it is illegal to convert..y karamjit Singh can do it ar? n we cannot? no fair.....

but if roadblok..jpj/trafic will not check 2wd/4wd rite? they so free to look at d down of d car?

acbc

4,000 RPM

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
huakenny said:

since it is illegal to convert..y karamjit Singh can do it ar? n we cannot? no fair.....

but if roadblok..jpj/trafic will not check 2wd/4wd rite? they so free to look at d down of d car?
Karamjit use it for rally le. He is special case. We as normal road users don't deserve his special treatment.

If roadblock, JPJ will ask some Qs. Mine also kena 2 years ago. I ask me if my Galant is 4WD or not. I said no. So this officer flash underneath to cheak. Confirm no 4WD and let me go.

Before I wind up the window, the same officer ask if I'm willing to sell my car. I was like 'huh????'. No wonder, just painted the car and polish it. Very shinny. Even gave me his card in case I change my mind.

Again, depends on your luck la... if unlucky and at the same time no surat kawal selia... die la.

Last edited:

cal_vin

Known Member

cal_vin

Known Member
Jan 2, 2005

ANYONE
do know where can i find the rear cut for satria and also the conversion!

acbc

4,000 RPM

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
cal_vin said:

ANYONE
do know where can i find the rear cut for satria and also the conversion!
Pointless la. JPJ won't allow conversion of Satria to 4WD because Proton did not produce them. Giving reason that a similar model is available in Japan in NOT an acceptable excuse.

Might as well you sell off the Satria and use the money to buy an original Mirage or Lancer and do the conversion.

kher

1,500 RPM

kher

1,500 RPM
Aug 30, 2004
Klang, Selangor
Visit site
cal_vin said:
will not register JPJ lo...
i can guarantee u'll nvr hav fun driving ur car coz most of the time u're worrying whether there's any block around.

N this 4WD issue damn teruk 1.... Straight away sita ur car if they find out u convert.

1 more thing..... It's easier than the easiest thing in the world for JPJ officers to check whether ur car is 4WD or not nowadays. They're damn clever nowadays....canot tipu them alr...

In fact.. most of the ppl who knows bout cars can easily identified whether it's 4WD or not by looking underneath of the car.
N i noticed that 4WD cars hav higher "backsides".... so if jpj c ur satria got higher backside alr suspect u got 4WD alr. Then block u n check n sita ur car...

kher

1,500 RPM

kher

1,500 RPM
Aug 30, 2004
Klang, Selangor
Visit site
huakenny said:

Karamjit Singh got so many engineers around him to approve the reliability of the car.... Somemore for rally purposes 1....Sure can lo...

Traffic might not....But JPJ is very "free"...Got wat to check they will check alr....

kher

1,500 RPM

kher

1,500 RPM
Aug 30, 2004
Klang, Selangor
Visit site
acbc said:
Actually, if the model has a 4WD version in its country of origin... you can still fight for it.

I have many friend of converted their Galant E33A (originally 2WD) to 4WD legally amd because believe or not, there are 4WD N/T Galant E33A in Japan! Only in snowy countries such as Japan, US or Europe.

In fact, I even found one original E33A with 4WD in Malaysia. Only one... owner flew all the way to Nagoya, Japan to buy it. Cost him over RM 100k (inclusive tax + transportation + insurance).

All these can be done legally without going through runners or 3rd parties. I've plan to convert mine when the time is right.
Really???:eek:

How high r the chances to win the fight???:D
I'm very interested to know....

huakenny

LB Performance

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
karamjit wira oso using evo engine n 4wd....proton oso din produce but he can use....juz because he represent malaysia for race....WTF

actually malaysia hv lots of problems....this canot that cannot....but if u r Datuk or Sultan relatives/family members.....all approved..WTF

if jpj not allowed 4wd..they should not approve 4G63T engine coz originally it came wit 4wd system...make it 2wd will not safety.....

ai.....no point to say here...its our government sucking system.....

acbc

4,000 RPM

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
True also but people manage to get away if they can use suitable 2WD GB or locked the existing 4WD one.

If technically possible, no problem with approval.

tk2005takeru

Known Member

tk2005takeru

Known Member
Jun 15, 2005
KK
Haiya, representing M'sia with those louzy cars?? Balik rumah da fui gi la... I hope he love life is better than proton stupid inferior ufo cars... Is proton in the world category? or the laukap category or with buffalos racing?

Even his car is better than us a bit, driving a proton is like suicide, kena bang become a tin can... I hope mine still hold after i strengthen the car, put a rollbar for safety...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

damn fark up!

kena deep hole kau kau..
when drive 40km like that..on the puchong road..to kinrara there..
and my rims..was bangkok abit..
on the side ankle..

so guys..does it anyways..i can repair it?

how much?
wat does more i need to do??
balancing?alignment?

sure do?

plz help! :ph34r: :ph34r:

So Innocent noobs!!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience