Calibrating ur EGT

i dunno what exactly you mean by calibrating your EGT.

when you use an EGT you need to find a benchmark temperature where your engine is running the right AF ratio that you set. because EGT sensor probes are placed in different places in different cars, every setup will have a different temperature benchmark.

so lets say you dyno the car and aim for a preset AF ratio. your tuner will then tune the AF ratio all thru the rev range. then he can tell you that u are running the chosen AF ratio at X temperature. so when you drive hard you will always want to see the EGT at X temperature. if the temperature goes up or down from the target temperature, X temperature, you may have a problem.

is that called calibrating the EGT?? or do you mean something else?

it seems that my egt reading is not that accurate!

a faulty reading can lead to leaning and would harm the engine!
i've check my spark plugs they are fine (no salty colour)m my fuel
pump is pumping the correct pressure that i wanted at a desired
boost. So what else?

I was told from a source that the egt can be tested and
hence calibrated to match the actual reading of an a.f ratio!

Peeps?

your plugs should be a slight rusty red colour. white plugs are too lean.

yes, you check your AF ratio and cross check that with your EGT temp.

example:-

if your run 12:1 AF ratio...and your EGT reads 750 deg C at this AF ratio. then this is your target temp to monitor. if the target temp exceeds 750 deg C then you have a problem.

different EGTs will have different temp readings because where the sensor probe is located is different in each application. also the probe before the turbo or after the turbo will give different readings. your friendly mech should be able to advise on this.

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom