CAI for aftermarket K&N air filter

superglwl

Known Member
May 25, 2005
K.L
just wanna share how i did my CAI for my aftermarket K&N air filter......comments plz......but dont shot lor.. my next step is to wrap the stuff with superlon

NSkyline

Known Member
Jul 2, 2005
Subang Jaya
Bro....good job man!!! I was thinking of that too but was thinking how to put the bottom part....how u got it done???man...great job bro....wandering can u do my car asso ar?

superglwl

Known Member
May 25, 2005
K.L
Cai

the bottom part i cut a big hole on to the aluminium housing then use the K&N botom dish to push and force it in and then use silicone to seal it up air tight........

NSkyline

Known Member
Jul 2, 2005
Subang Jaya
OIC....where u got the aluminium thingy? but your hose a bit small lar...diameter...am i right?....nice job...lar... :congrats:

superglwl

Known Member
May 25, 2005
K.L
Cai

get it from the kitchen hahahaha....use to bake sponge cake1.....i dunno where to get bigger diameter hose?? i thought of putting 2 hose to it....what do you think?

NSkyline

Known Member
Jul 2, 2005
Subang Jaya
superglwl said:
get it from the kitchen hahahaha....use to bake sponge cake1.....i dunno where to get bigger diameter hose?? i thought of putting 2 hose to it....what do you think?
Well...y not....more cold air better response from engine aight....well...thanks for sharin man...surely wanna experiement it my self....hahah

superglwl

Known Member
May 25, 2005
K.L
re

khguan said:
nice job dude... show it to me tomolo!! haha...

i think next DIY u need to make de cam cover shining already....
hurm...not bad idea.....you polish the cam cover got take it out or not???? or you just clean it in the hood?

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
i also searching for big diameter hose to do my car CAI ler... vr hard to find... i went to those hardware shops and piping shops... all dun have...
i saw some poeple use car aircond hose... is it possible/big enough??... where to find cheap ones??... i know aircond service workshop sell will be expensive... can get from dealers??...

PS: ninja_iga also selling large diameter hose for car CAI... but i find it quite expensive also... perhaps high quality kua... haha... no offence...

Angelz

Known Member
Jan 5, 2004
haha... y ur CAI like that wan? not neat ler..bro..

btw i have some left overs... which is enough for a wira... anyone interested? btw it is 3" diamter nasa pipe

khguan

4,000 RPM
Aug 17, 2004
Seri Kembangan
fotopic.net
superglwl,
welll i did dat few years ago when i was driving de sunny (which my bro is driving now)... just polished de cam cover with autosol without taking it out... just took out de air filter casing... then sprayed a layer of clear coat after dat... took me almost a whole day to finish... then suffer from hand muscle pain the entire nite... i show u de pics next time we meet...

Angelz,
3" can fit in wira meh?? i dun think so...

superglwl

Known Member
May 25, 2005
K.L
Cai

Angelz said:
haha... y ur CAI like that wan? not neat ler..bro..

btw i have some left overs... which is enough for a wira... anyone interested? btw it is 3" diamter nasa pipe
bro...who do you mean not neat???? details plz so that i can improve on it. for me i think to aluminium housing is good lar but the CAI hose only a big problem......dunno where want to take the air from.....have anyone did a CAI for nissan sunny 130Y before?????

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I've been quite smitten by this fancy little car.

Turbo charged 660cc and has a small 80 something hp is quite nimble, very responsive and very economical plus it goes when you want it to. Not exactly made for breaking speed limits and top speed records but chucking this car around mountain roads is a lotta fun.

RM50 worth RON100 can take the car up to 600km and if you're hooning...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience